Russian Bath Experience At Yamskaya Banya In St Petersburg With 3-Course Russian Lunch & Russian Vodka - Saint Petersburg
OverviewRelax and experience real Russian culture in the historical centre of St Petersburg. Experience a traditional water treatment for the body in one of the most anient Baths in Russia - Yamskiye Baths! It was named after Feodor Dostoyevsky (the Russian writer), who was a frequent guest of the baths, as well as Mussorgsky (the Russian composer), Alexander Blok and Nikolay Gumilev (Russian poets) and even Vladimir Lenin (The Russian revolutionary leader and Bolshevik). Try the birch, juniper or oak broom on your back in a steam treatment. Then having relaxed in the steam, dive into the cold water of a plunge pool. This is usually repeated several times, and leaves your skin feeling younger and rejuvenated. Get interesting facts about ancient Russian Bath traditions from your professional guide.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourEnjoy bath experience in the very historical centre of Saint-Petersburg.
Upon arrival at the Baths, you will have a private 'lux' room, with your own bathing set (broom, cap and sheet). If you have forgotten your soap, shampoo or bath slippers your guide will be able to help you find suitable bath accessories in the local bath shop (own expense). Once everything is ready your guide will leave you in private to relax in the steam. Try the leaf and branch brooms provided for your back - used to help improve circulation. Then dive into the plunge pool (Kupel) full of cold water to restore your body temperature balance, before returning to the steam to repeat the treatment. Locals say that the more they repeat the procedure, the younger and more healthy they feel. Russians call this feeling "Second life".
After your bath experience, sit down to a Traditional Russian Lunch in the local restaurant. Sitting in this restaurant you will feel the unique atmosphere of this ancient, aristocratic saloon from the XIX century. Taste famous Russian dishes and finish your lunch with Traditional Morse (a soft drink made from forest berries). In the background, you will hear soft blues, jazz or retro-music playing on the ancient gramophone. Admire the private collection of old rare cameras while you wait for your meal.
Your bathing set (sheet, cap and broom) is yours to keep, and can be taken home as a souvenir, but if you would like to buy other Russian souvenirs for your friends there is also a shop where you can choose your favorite broom made from birch, oak, juniper, eucalyptus, canadian oak, linden or a mix of different trees branches (own expense).
Your tour ends at the bathhouse, and you can make your own way to your hotel or hostel in your own time.
Inclusions for Russian Bath Experience At Yamskaya Banya In St Petersburg With 3-Course Russian Lunch & Russian Vodka
- Entrance fees to Baths
- Hotel pickup by air-conditioned coach
- Towel, sheet, cap and broom
- Traditional Russian 3-course lunch
Exclusions for Russian Bath Experience At Yamskaya Banya In St Petersburg With 3-Course Russian Lunch & Russian Vodka
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Additional food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
For pregnant women and participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions it is not recommended to stay in steam-room for a long time
Not wheelchair accessible
This tour as a shore excursion: additional payment US$ 100 for blanket visa and round-trip private transfer cruise ship - tour attractions - cruise ship (US$ 100 for all the travelers, not per person). Minimum 2 travelers required. Details needed for blanket visa: passport name, number, date of birth and country for all the passengers. Please send them shortly after the booking. Booking should be made at least 7 days before the ship arrival date.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 1 Day Optimized Mini-Group Shore Excursion introducing St Petersburg And Peterhof
- St Petersburg Airport Arrival Transfer
- St Petersburg Shore Excursion: 2-Day City Highlights and Pushkin Private Tour
- Private Day Trip to Veliky Novgorod from Saint Petersburg Including Round-Trip Transportation
- St Petersburg DepartureTransfer
- Folklore Show 'Feel Yourself Russian' with Russian Buffet Dinner