OverviewDiscover the East half of São Miguel, including Furnas, Vila Franca do Campo, Nordeste, tea plantations and a lot more!Observe the volcanic springs, enjoy tremendous views across Furnas lake and town, be impressed by the magnificent cliffs of Nordeste (East coast) and a learn how Azorean tea is made.Tour offers many opportunities to taste local cuisine, including “bolos lêvedos” of Furnas, “queijadas” of Vila Franca, a cup of tea and the fruit liqueurs.Personalized attention only possible in a small group.Expert guide to answer all your questions throughout the day.
- Lunch included
- Hotel pickup included
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourBe at ease with your 9:00am morning pick-up from your hotel to meet your guide and join a small-group (up to 8 people) for an amazing personalized day trip to the East half of São Miguel island.
Enjoy a spectacular view from Nossa Senhora da Paz, a secluded church in the mountains, which overlooks the entire town of Vila Franca do Campo and the islet in the sea ahead. Quick stop in town to get the famous local 'queijadas' (pastries) fresh from the bakery.
Discover Furnas, a magical town built inside a volcanic caldera and enjoy some of the volcanic delights that the volcano offers to the locals. Immerse in the relaxing thermal pools (optional, not included), observe the boiling 'fumaroles' (smoking holes) in action and watch the famous 'cozido' stew being pulled off the volcanic soil before enjoying it in a local restaurant for your included lunch.
In the afternoon, get to the crater’s top to enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of Furnas lake and town. Continue to Nordeste, the east coast of the island, with some majestic cliffs and make a mandatory stop at Ribeira dos Caldeirões waterfall.
Finish with an afternoon cup of Azorean tea (complimentary) and learn how tea is made in a traditional tea factory.
Inclusions for São Miguel East Tour
- Lunch (cozido stew, drink of choice, dessert, and coffee)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Centrally located Ponta Delgada hotels)
- Bottled water
- Expert driver/guide
Exclusions for São Miguel East Tour
- Thermal pools (optional)
- Any service not mentioned as being included
Itinerary:Full itinerary of the tour:- Ilhéu Vila Franca do Campo (view from the town)
- Nossa Senhora da Paz viewpoint
- "Queijadas" (pastries of Vila Franca do Campo)
- Lagoa das Furnas (Furnas Lake)
- Caldeiras da Lagoa das Furnas (volcanic springs)
- Watching removal of "cozido" food from the ground
- "Cozido" lunch, including wine (or drink of choice), local pineapple for desert and coffee
- Pico do Ferro viewpoint over entire Furnas Valley
- Ponta do Arnel (Nordeste)
- Natural Park of "Ribeira dos Caldeirões"
- Gorreana Tea Plantation (guided tour about tea process)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Instant confirmation at time of booking
Pick-up information required upon booking
Hotel pick-up is provided in Ponta Delgada city, please inquire about any other pickup locations for an additional fee
Pickup in Ponta Delgada takes place between 9am and 9:15am
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.