Named the 'Unspoiled Queen', Saba is an eco paradise and quite the getaway for avid divers, hikers and nature enthusiasts. She is as beautiful on top as she is underneath. The journey is 75-90 minutes, and docks in Fort Bay, the only proper access to the sea on Saba. Saba is sheer cliffs on all sides, and even the old slave path still remains where goods were offloaded for transport to the villages by donkey.
Know More about this tour
Optional taxis meet the passengers at the boat and tour up into the island. First stop is a village called the Bottom, on up to Windwardside, where the trails start for hiking and tours continue over through Hells Gate with a look down to the airport, precariously balanced out on a lava overflow. Taxi tours are the only way to get up and into the island as the walk up from Fort Bay to The Bottom is vertical and strenuous. The views are spectacular. Drivers will stop at places of interest to take photos, and will let hikers out at the trail with arrangements to meet them for the return journey to Fort Bay.
The hiking in Saba's rainforest is not to be missed with the main trail, Mt. Scenery, being the most popular. It is possible to stop at any point and return to Windwardside, or challenge the climb for the views from the top. The Saba Trail Shop asks a US$3 donation for the trail upkeep, and guests receive a trail badge. Windwardside boasts great little restaurants for lunch. There are a few shops selling local crafts such as hand blown glass, jewelry and artwork. The villages are quaint with low built cottages all whitewashed with red and green roofs, tiny narrow roads and very friendly locals.
Saba is very unspoiled and a refreshing change from the cosmopolitan hustle and bustle that St. Martin and St. Barts provide.
Inclusions for Saba Day Trip From St. Martin
- Round Trip Ferry Transfers
- Hotel pickup and drop off (Tuesday through Friday and select hotels only)
- Port fee
Exclusions for Saba Day Trip From St. Martin
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Optional taxi ride (approx USD $30)
- Hotel pickup and drop off (Saturday through Monday)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You MUST have a valid passport upon check in to travel on this tour
Note: the hike during this tour is strenuous
Taxi rides are available to the start of the hiking trail
Hotel pickup service is only available from select hotels including Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Royal Islander Club, The Towers, Wyndham Sapphire Beach Club & Resort, Caravanserai Beach Resort, Divi Little Bay Beach Resort and Belair Beach Hotel
Please note: Due to St Maarten immigration procedures, on return to St Maarten all passengers will be required to hand their passports to the crew. Passports will be taken to clear immigration ahead of the group before the boat can dock and passengers disembark.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.