Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour From Berlin
OverviewTour Sachsenhausen, one of the first concentration camps established by the Third Reich, on a full-day trip from Berlin. An expert historian guide provides important facts about the prison cells, laboratories, and gas chambers that you see at Sachsenhausen, which today serves as a national memorial to the prisoners who lived and died there.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your host in either the east or west of the city the choice is yours and then travel together by train (own expense). Your destination is the town of Oranienburg (just less than an hour away) to visit Sachsenhausen, one of the first Nazi concentration camps constructed in 1936. When you arrive, an expert guide leads you inside the campgrounds, where you will learn about the camp's operation and the prisoners who lived and died there.
For nearly a decade the SS imprisoned some 200,000 Jews, socialists, Communists, and liberals, among other opponents to the Nazi regime. The punishment cells, gas chambers and burial pits that you will see on this tour can be overwhelming, but your guide will put the site's history into context with expert knowledge about one of the darkest periods of the 20th century.
At the end of your time at Sachsenhausen, meet your host to finish the day-long trip with a train ride back to either east or west Berlin (own expense).
Inclusions for Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour From Berlin
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
Exclusions for Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour From Berlin
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Train ticket (you will need a Berlin Transport ABC Zone ticket costing approximately 7 euros)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Good walking shoes and suitable clothing are recommended
Both meeting points are possible. This ticket is valid for either the East or West meeting point
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Warnemnde Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Berlin's World War II and Cold War Sites
- Warnemuende Shore Excursion: Private Berlin Tour
- Private Walking Tour: World War 2 and Cold War Sites in Berlin
- Warnemnde Shore Excursion: Private Berlin Jewish History Tour
- Berlin Christmas Markets Walking Tour
- Berlin Culture and Modern Architecture Tour Including Kreuzberg Visit