Sacred Jewish Sites Tour From Jerusalem: Tiberias, Safed And Mount MeronWrite a Review
OverviewTake an evocative tour of some of Judaisms most sacred sites on this full-day trip from Jerusalem. Traveling with a knowledgeable guide, head for the holy city of Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee to visit the hallowed tombs of Rabbi Meir Baal Haness and Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon. Then, explore the timeworn alleyways and sacred Kabbalistic sites of hilltop Safed, including Ari Ashkenazi Synagogue. Round off your tour with a pilgrimage up Mount Meron to the tomb of Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai, the 3rd-century author of the Zohar.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourLeave your central Jerusalem hotel in an air-conditioned minivan in the early morning, and drive north along Israel’s Mediterranean coast. Turn east across the plain of Armageddon and on the way, catch views of the archaeological site that was the Bible's Hill of Megiddo.
After a brief stop at a diamond factory and some included light refreshments, continue to Tiberias. Sitting on the Sea of Galillee, it is one of Israel’s four holy cities. Here, visit the burial spot of Rabbi Meir Baal Haness, which translates as Rabbi Meir the miracle worker, and see how the stone pillars marking his early grave are incorporated into his 19th-century tomb.
Also, see the grave of 12th-century Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon, the great sage and codifier of Jewish law. View his tomb and hear how the site was chosen at the spot where a camel carrying his body came to a stop.
After a break for lunch (own expense), continue to the holy city of Safed. This picturesque, hilltop settlement is a center of Kabbalah — Jewish mysticism — and still exudes a sense of mystery and magic. Walk through the historic, cobbled streets of Safed Old Town and visit Ari Ashkenazi Synagogue, Isaac Luria Visitor Center and the colorful artists’ quarter.
Next, head to Mount Meron, the final resting place of Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai, the author of the Zohar, Kabbalah’s primary text. Visit his tomb and hear how thousands of Orthodox Jews gather here at Lag B’Omer to celebrate and give their 3-year-old sons their first haircut.
Finally, return to Jerusalem where your tour finishes with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Sacred Jewish Sites Tour From Jerusalem: Tiberias, Safed And Mount Meron
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Light refreshments
Exclusions for Sacred Jewish Sites Tour From Jerusalem: Tiberias, Safed And Mount Meron
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
The order of activities as described in What You Can Expect is subject to change on the day of your tour
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.