OverviewVisit some of Judaisms holiest sites on this emotive full-day trip from Tel Aviv. Hear fascinating insights into this ancient religion from an expert guide as you explore two of Israels four holy cities. Visit the graves of Rabbi Meir Baal Haness and Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon in Tiberias, and head for Safed, an ancient city steeped in Kabbalah mysticism. Visit the Ari Ashkenazi Synagogue and other sites here, then finish on Mount Meron at the tomb of revered Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDepart your central Tel Aviv hotel in the morning in an air-conditioned minivan, and travel north along Israel’s Mediterranean coast. Then, head east to the plain of Armageddon and enjoy views of the biblical Hill of Megiddo.
After a stop at a diamond factory and included light refreshments, arrive at the Sea of Galilee and Tiberias, one of Israel’s four holy cities. Founded in the 1st century AD, Tiberias is home to some of Judaism’s sacred burial sites.
Visit the grave of Rabbi Meir Baal Haness, which means Rabbi Meir the miracle worker, and see how his rebuilt tomb houses two stone pillars that marked his first, ancient gravesite. Then, visit the grave of Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon, author of the Mishneh Torah, and hear how the location of the 12th-century tomb was sited where a camel carrying his body came to a halt.
After a break for lunch (own expense), continue to the hilltop town of Safed, another of the four holy cities and a center of Kabbalah — Jewish mysticism. Delve into the atmospheric cobbled streets of Safed Old Town and learn about the town’s mystical heritage with visits to the Ari Ashkenazi Synagogue, Isaac Luria Visitor Center and the artists’ district.
Finish at Mount Meron and the resting place of Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai, the author of the Kabbalah’s Zohar. Visit his tomb and hear how Orthodox Jews gather here at Lag B’Omer to celebrate and give their 3-year-old sons their first haircut.
Your tour finishes with an evening drop-off back at your hotel in Tel Aviv.
Inclusions for Sacred Jewish Sites Tour From Tel Aviv: Tiberias, Safed And Mount Meron
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Light refreshments
Exclusions for Sacred Jewish Sites Tour From Tel Aviv: Tiberias, Safed And Mount Meron
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
The order of activities as described in What You Can Expect is subject to change on the day of your tour
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.