Stay overnight and explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas in depth on this two-day excursion from Cusco. Take a walking tour through the town of Pisac to discover its Inca and colonial history, and visit the workshop of a local artisan. Visit Inca terraces and a colonial salt mine, and walk among the ruins of Ollantayambo to see its mysterious Temple of the Sun.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourDay 1: Cusco -- Pisac (L)
Your overnight Sacred Valley tour begins with pickup from your Cusco hotel. Relax on the journey into the countryside and enjoy a stop at Awanacancha, where you can hand-feed llamas and alpacas. See the traditional textiles woven using the famously warm wool of these Andean camelids, and watch a weaving and dyeing display. Your trip continues to the colonial town of Pisac, stopping for views of the surrounding town and Sacred Valley archeological site from a mountaintop vantage point. Take a walking tour of Pisac to explore its Inca and Spanish colonial history, and shop for handicrafts in the local market. Then, head to Museo Inkariy to have lunch before starting your guided tour. Learn all about Peruvian Pre-Columbian cultures and see the various exhibits. After being dropped at your Pisac hotel, spend the remainder of the afternoon and evening at your leisure.
Overnight: Pisac (own expense)
Day 2: Pisac -- Cusco (L)
Next day, take in views over the countryside at the Moray archeological site. See how the Incas built an amphitheater of stepped terraces, creating 20 microclimates to help ensure agricultural success. Continue to the colonial-era salt mines at Maras, where the white salt terraces contrast brilliantly against the lush green vegetation of the Sacred Valley. After a buffet lunch, visit the famous archeological site of Ollantaytambo and its main attraction, the Temple of the Sun. Built using massive stones, each one approximately 12 feet (3.5 meters) tall, the temple was used as a fortress during the time of the Incan civil war. Learn how the monolithic stones were carved and see the Inca stoneworks where the massive stones were quarried. Your tour concludes with return transport to Cusco.
Inclusions for Sacred Valley Overnight Tour From Cusco
- Local guide
- Lunch on day 1 and 2
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Cusco and Sacred Valley
Exclusions for Sacred Valley Overnight Tour From Cusco
- Overnight accommodation in Sacred Valley
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that your bring comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.