Sajama National Park Full-Day Tour From La PazWrite a Review
OverviewExperience its scenic beauty, unmatched due to the presence of the imposing Sajama Snowpeak, high-Andean lagoons, thermal waters. It is also characterized by its queÃ±ua small woods covering more than 10,000 hectares at 5,200 m, which is the highest woody formation in the world.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Small-group tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tour
At 6:00am you will be picked up from your hotel and begin the tour by crossing the “Bolivian High Plateau” to your destiny: the Sajama National Park, in the department of Oruro. The park is located at an altitude of more than 4200masl and there you will have the unique delight to see the highest mountain of Bolivia: the Sajama Mountain, which´s summit reaches the 6542 meters.
On your way to the park you will visit the Curahuara de Carangas Church, one of the oldest of the continent called “The Sistine Chapel of the Altiplano” for the beauty of its room´s paintings.
Finally, you will arrive to the Sajama National Park; first you will visit the Huayna Kota Lagoon where you will have the chance to observe Andean flamingos before enjoying a bath at hot springs near the town of Sajama. In the afternoon walk through the queñua forest, a endemic sub specie of the region, which is the stem that grows at highest altitude in the world, and you will enjoy camelid wildlife observing vicuñas, llamas and alpacas.Return to La Paz.
Inclusions for Sajama National Park Full-Day Tour From La Paz
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Sajama National Park Full-Day Tour From La Paz
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Travel insurance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.