Saklikent Gorge And Patara Beach 4x4 Safari From Fethiye
OverviewHead off the beaten track on this fun-packed, full-day 4x4 safari from Fethiye. Board an open-top, 10-seater all-terrain vehicle and travel in convoy through rustic villages and pine forests to experience the best of this gorgeous corner of Turkey. Travel to Saklikent Gorge to hike its streams and enjoy a tasty riverside lunch, sunbathe and swim from Patara Beach, and dip into some natural mud baths. In-between, see the ancient ruins of Tlos, relax at a trout farm, and soak up the fun and idyllic scenery along the way.
Know More about this tourStart with a pickup from your central Fethiye hotel and set off aboard your 10-seater, open-top all-terrain vehicle, with a professional driver-guide at the wheel.
Stop at Tlos, where a cluster of stone Lycian ruins sprinkle a hillside. Admire the relics from below as your guide charts the history of this age-old settlement, and then trundle through cool pine forests to the Yaka Park trout farm.
Here, refresh your energies with a cold drink in the shade of pine trees as you listen to the gurgle of the trout streams and waterfalls.
Then, continue to a handicrafts center for a carpet-making demonstration and some Turkish tea before driving on to Saklikent Gorge. As you approach this spectacular 11-mile (18k-m) gorge — Europe’s second largest — learn how it was formed through the ages by gushing mountain streams.
On arrival, head inside the gorge (own expense) and savor a delicious lunch at one of its al fresco riverside restaurants. Then, relax in the shade or trek into the canyon. Rent some waterproof shoes (own expense) and wade through the streams that flow between the cliffs as you marvel at the scale of this natural wonder.
Next, sit back and relish the scenery again as you trundle along dusty roads to some nearby mud baths. Grab the opportunity to coat yourself in the gooey clay and then rinse off in a cool nearby river.
Afterward, head for Patara Beach, one of Turkey’s biggest and most beautiful beaches. Enjoy time to lounge on its sands and swim in its shallow seas before driving through traditional villages back to Fethiye.
After a final swim stop, arrive in Fethiye and end your tour with a hotel drop-off.
Please note: Due to weather this activity will be available from April 15, 2016 onwards
Inclusions for Saklikent Gorge And Patara Beach 4x4 Safari From Fethiye
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local driver-guide
- Lunch at Saklikent Gorge
Exclusions for Saklikent Gorge And Patara Beach 4x4 Safari From Fethiye
- Entrance fees to Saklikent Gorge
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring a bathing suit, towel, sun hat, sunscreen and cash for drinks and entrance fee to Saklikent
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 2-day Ancient Ephesus and Pamukkale Hot Springs Tour
- Kayakoy ghost town and Fethiye bazaar
- Sunset Cruise with Live Music and Dinner
- Dinner At The Top of Babadag Mountain
- Private Arrival Transfer: Dalaman Airport to Fethiye Hotels
- ldeniz Boat Trip to Butterfly Valley and St Nicholas Island with Lunch
- Private Dalyan River Cruise by Boat with Lunch and Sea Turtles Watching