Salerno Private Walking Tour
OverviewSalerno is a community increasingly welcoming tourists and visitors from around the world. In the historic center can be seen traces of the ancient history of the city and feel the fervor of artisan shops. Today, walking through the narrow streets, the little squares, the churches and the palaces, you can read the past of a city that once was the capital of the rich Longboards Kingdom. Youll perceive a picture of the events that have taken place over time, witness the economic prosperity, as well as the social and cultural splendor of past centuries.
Know More about this tour
- Meeting with the Guide at Central Station of Salerno.
- Have a walk through the fashion boutiques and typical restaurants on the main street called Corso Vittorio Emanuele.
- Walk in the medieval quarter. The narrow city streets, today rich of shops, follow the form of medieval urban plan and conserve beautiful historical buildings and much of its religious architecture.
- Visit the cathedral of St.Matteo from XI century. It's the most important monument of the city, a masterpiece of Norman architecture. The vast porticoes have above its ancient columns an elegant loggia decorated with inlaid wood. An imposing Romanesque bell tower dominates the atrium. On the inside two magnificent ambos are richly decorated with mosaics from the XVII and the XVIII century. There is also a baroque crypt from the 1600s covered in polychromatic marbles. There are numerous tombs, the most important of which are the one of the Queen Margherita of Durazzo, and of the Pope Gregory the VII.
- Visit the "Giardini della Minerva", typical English gardens full of exotic plants and water features, from which you can enjoy a beautiful view of the city.
- Visit the Monumental Complex of San Pietro a Corte (closed on Monday). The ruins here represent the main architectural emergencies of the medieval Salerno .
- Nicely walk along the famous "Lungomare, one of the most beautiful seafronts in Italy.
Inclusions for Salerno Private Walking Tour
- - Guidance and assitance for the entire duration of the Tour
Exclusions for Salerno Private Walking Tour
- - Meals- Entrance ticket of "Giardini di Minerva" (3 Euro)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Activity level: moderate
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private transfer from Salerno to Palinuro or vice versa
- Capri and Blue Grotto Private Day Trip from Salerno
- Private tour of the Amalfi coast from Salerno
- Salerno Private 2.5-hour Walking Tour with a Local Guide
- Private Shore Excursion from Salerno Port to Amalfi Coast and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast off the Beaten Tracks Private Tour
- Medical School of Salerno Walking Private Tour
- Pompeii and Amalfi Coast from the port of Salerno