- Meeting with the Guide at Central Station of Salerno.
- Have a walk through the fashion boutiques and typical restaurants on the main street called Corso Vittorio Emanuele.
- Walk in the medieval quarter. The narrow city streets, today rich of shops, follow the form of medieval urban plan and conserve beautiful historical buildings and much of its religious architecture.
- Visit the cathedral of St.Matteo from XI century. It's the most important monument of the city, a masterpiece of Norman architecture. The vast porticoes have above its ancient columns an elegant loggia decorated with inlaid wood. An imposing Romanesque bell tower dominates the atrium. On the inside two magnificent ambos are richly decorated with mosaics from the XVII and the XVIII century. There is also a baroque crypt from the 1600s covered in polychromatic marbles. There are numerous tombs, the most important of which are the one of the Queen Margherita of Durazzo, and of the Pope Gregory the VII.
- Visit the "Giardini della Minerva", typical English gardens full of exotic plants and water features, from which you can enjoy a beautiful view of the city.
- Visit the Monumental Complex of San Pietro a Corte (closed on Monday). The ruins here represent the main architectural emergencies of the medieval Salerno .
- Nicely walk along the famous "Lungomare, one of the most beautiful seafronts in Italy.