Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge And Bath Full Day Tour - London
OverviewA full day tour of the West Country visiting Salisbury Cathedral, mysterious Stonehenge and Georgian Bath.
- Tour of Salisbury Cathedral and see the Magna Carta
- Exclusive opportunity to see the oldest working mechanical clock in the world in action!
- Entrance to mysterious Stonehenge
- A panoramic tour of Georgian Bath
- Visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room
- First-class luxury Motor-coach and the services of a professional Tour Guide
- Personal Audio Headset
Know More about this tour
The inspiration behind Ken Follett's best-seller "The Pillars of the Earth", the beautiful Salisbury Cathedral is an international symbol of Christianity and a world class heritage attraction. The spire is the tallest in England, 123 meters (404 feet). Once inside you'll be impressed by the Cathedral's graceful, elegant proportions. We visit The Chapter House home to one of only 4 surviving copies of The Magna Carta and see the oldest working clock in Europe, dating back to 1386.
The World's Oldest Working Clock
In 2016 Evan Evans and Salisbury Cathedral are trialing a new tour that includes the chance to see the world's oldest clock in operation, and to hear it chime. The Cathedral's turret clock, which has no face, dates from before 1386 and stood in the bell tower on the North lawn until the tower was demolished. It continued to operate in the Cathedral tower until the late 19th century, was restored to working order in 1956 now stands in the North Nave aisle.
From May until September specially trained clock guides will give Evan Evans visitors an exclusive 10 minute demonstration of the striking mechanism and toll the bell – as well as sharing its remarkable history.
5,000 years ago the huge 40 tonne stones were dragged from over 280 miles away in Wales. Who built it and why remains a mystery today. Some say that it was built as a religious temple, or an astronomical clock. Stonehenge continues to enthrall the imagination and captivate the heart of every visitor.
This beautiful Georgian city justly deserves its status as a World Heritage Site, with its delightful terraces, elegant crescents and stunning architecture, on our panoramic tour of the city we will show you the crescents, Pulteney Bridge modelled on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence and Bath Abbey. Then into the Roman Baths built over 2,000 years and still in perfect working order.
Inclusions for Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge And Bath Full Day Tour
- Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge and the Roman Baths is included in the tour price.
- The state of the art VOX Radioguide system is used during the walking sections of this tour: guests are issued with a personal headset ensuring they never miss a word of the guide's commentary.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 1 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Paranormal Activity Investigation Walking Tour in London
- Private Guided Tour of Residential London
- Small-Group Day Trip to Stonehenge, Bath and Windsor from London
- Arrival or Departure Private Transfer: London Heathrow Airport to Bath
- Private Tour: Stonehenge Tour from London in a Chauffeured Range Rover
- 'Downton Abbey' TV Locations and Blenheim Palace Tour from London