Salisbury Plain Experience Off-Road Tour
OverviewAn exclusive off-road tour of Salisbury Plain for up to 6 guests. Join this tour to explore deep history, breathtaking views and unique wildlife, made possible in the UK's largest military training area. From the comfort of Land Rover Defender, experience Wiltshire as you have never seen before, with unparalleled access to an area the size of the Isle of Wight you are sure to find a memory to tell your friends about. Simply put, the best way to experience the landscape that surrounds Stonehenge and escape the crowds. A typical tour encompasses elements of history, photography opportunities and off-roading, you will also find a nice place to stop and have tea and biscuits before heading back to your collection point.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Ideal choice for families
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourBeginning from your chosen collection point the group will make its way to Salisbury Plain. Upon joining your tourroute (which can change due to military activity) you begin to make your way around a circuit of the military firing range, stopping for photo opportunities and chances to explore the local flora and fauna en route.
Depending on access you will either make our way across the downland taking in Copehill Down military camp or take a trip through the firing ranges themselves and take a look at the craters and shattered hulks that are used for target practice on the plain. During the tour you will take in spectacular views across Pewsey Vale, seeing the White horses at Westbury, Devizes and Alton Barnes before descending from a height of 221m to the valley floor and hearing the story of the Robbers Stone.
A short road journey takes in the villages of Chittern and Tilshead before collecting the tracks again to head across country to Parsonage Down nature reserve. It is here in a secluded little known corner of Wiltshire that you stop for tea and biscuits, listening to the birdsong and perhaps the thrum of an Apache helicopter! You embark once more for a short but very off road trip past Yarnbury Castle (actually an Iron Age hill fort) before returning to your location via Stonehenge and the historic town of Larkhill, birthplace ofthe RAF and current home to the Royal Artillery.
Inclusions for Salisbury Plain Experience Off-Road Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Tour escort/host
- Pickup and drop-off from Stonehenge visitors centre.
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Salisbury Plain Experience Off-Road Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.