OverviewAlong the way passengers will have the chance to see snow capes, feeling close to the snowy summit of Salkantay, tropical fruit plants, farms, traditional Andean communities and the inheritance of ancient civilizations. This tour is the perfect circuit to explore isolated areas and experience the essence of the Andes in a traditional non-touristic way.
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Scenic air tour
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourDay 1: Cusco – Soraypampa
The group will be picked up at the hotels to travel by bus for 4hrs and reach Mollepata, where the trek starts. In this area it is possible to see the beautiful snow-capped peak of Salkantay. Afterwards you will hike for 4hrs. ascending the mountain of Saillapata and have lunch. Afterwards, you'll walk until reaching the campsite in Soraypampa.
Day 2: Soraymapa - Chaullay
Early in the morning you’ll have breakfast and then you'll begin a 3hrs. trek until reaching the highest point of the expedition, The Salkantay Pass (4.600 mt.). You'll walk down towards Wayracpunku to rest. The journey will continue into the high jungle where you will observe large trees with their arms stretching out over the streams, all filled with bromelias and orchids. This trek will last around 5hrs. to reach the campsite in Chaullay.
Day 3: Chaullay – Lucmabamba - Llaqtapata
After having breakfast around 8 a.m., you will go by bus to Lucmabamba. From there you will walk up to Llaqtapata's ruins (about 2 hours) and after a short break you'll descend for another half hour to the Llaqtapata lodge. You will have lunch at this an amazing location with a breathtaking view over the Machu Picchu and free time for the rest of the afternoon to relax, explore the area or go horse riding.
Day 4: Llaqtapata – Aguas Calientes
The next morning, after a good breakfast you will start the descent for about 1.5 hours to the river Ahobamba where the bus awaits. Those who reserved in advance will do zip lining or go to the hot springs in Cocalmayo ($30/each). The rest of the group will go to meeting point of Hidroelectrica where the entire group joins for the lunch after the activities. After some relaxing in hammocks, you will continue along the train tracks leading us through the great jungle to the final destination: Aguas Calientes. You will walk for about 3 hrs. and encounter beautiful waterfalls, different Eco farms and possibly wildlife curious of your arrival in the region (arrival set for around 5:00pm). Here the group will spend the night in a hostel. At night, the group will gather together in a local restaurant to enjoy a great diner and have a briefing for the next day in Machu Picchu.
Day 5: Machu Picchu - Cusco
You'll get ready around 4:00am to climb to Machu Picchu, the trek will follow an ascending path crossing the high jungle where you'll have the chance to see the spectacular sunrise. After passing the control entrance around 6:00am. our group will have a private guided tour for 2hrs. in the Inca citadel, later passengers will be free to enjoy Machu Picchu on their own. Late in the afternoon, according to the departure of the train, the group will descend walking to Aguas Calientes to catch the train back to Ollantaytambo where everybody will be picked up and transferred to Cusco.
Inclusions for Salkantay 5-Day Trekking Tour From Cusco
- • Briefing the night before your tour
• Hotel pick-up
• A private, professional English/Spanish speaking guide
• Meals as indicated in the program: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners,
+1 snack on the last day
• Vegetarian meal options without additional costs (vegan $ 20)
• 2 nights camping, 1 night Llaqtapata Lodge, 1 night hotel
• Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
• Transfer from Cusco to Mollepata
• Train from Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
• Transportation from Ollantaytambo - Cusco
• Roomy dining & kitchen tent, dining table & chairs
• A cook and assistants
• Horses and horsemen to carry the camping equipment
• Tents for 3 filled with 2 people, mattresses
- • First aid kit
Exclusions for Salkantay 5-Day Trekking Tour From Cusco
- • The bus to/from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu ($12/way)
• Huayna Picchu or Montaña Machu Picchu ($30)
• Extra activites Zipline & Hot springs Cocalmayo ($30/each)
• Sleeping bags ($20)
• Walking sticks ($15)
• Extra horse to carry your personal belongings - 3 days ($45 - 30kg)
• Horse riding - 3 days ($70)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
It is suggested to bring: strong walking shoes or tennis shoes, sweater and thick jacket, hat or cap, just one bottle of water, a good rain coat, long sleeve shirts, long and short pants, insect repellent, a sunblock with a UV factor of at least 40, toilet paper, lantern, sunglasses, plastic bags, medical or personal items, a lightweight backpack per person, camera and charger, some cash in change
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.