Salkantay Trek To Machupicchu 5-days - Cusco
OverviewHiking the 5-day Salkantay Trek will give you a unique oportunity to experience the biodiversity of Peru, from the high cold mountains to the lush vegetation of the Cloud Forest. along the way you will see beautiful snow capped mountains, lakes, hundreds of orchids, bromeliads, hummingbirds, coffee and coca farms finishing the trek in Machupicchu Highlights Free airport transfer when arrive and leave Live history shows, yoga & meditation sessions Spiritual ceremonies, hot showers, buffet service Professional highly trained tour guides Experience different landscapes from the Highlands to the Cloud Forest Visit Coffee farms and participate in the harvesting process Camp in Llaqtapata right in front of Machupicchu
Know More about this tour
Day 1: CUSCO SORAYPAMPA HUAYRACPUNKU
You will be picked up from your hotel between 4:00am and drive to Soraypampa (3900m). After breakfast its a 4-hour uphill to Soyrococha lake where we have lunch, along the way you will see a variety of flora and fauna like the Andean goose, deer, vizcachas. We will continue climbing for 1 more hour to reach Salkantay Pass 4,650 m/ 15255 ft. The highest point of the trek. At the summit your tour Guide will perform a traditional ceremony to thank the Local Gods. From the top it will be another 3-hour downhill until the campsite called Wayracmachay (3,800 m/ 12467 ft.).
Day 2: WAYRAMPUNKU CHALLWAY LA PLAYA
Awakened with a hot cup of coffee. You will have the highest yoga and meditation session ever. After breakfast we will start descending from the highlands to the cloud forest, today we will experience the fastest change in the temperature; from the cold weather of the Andes to the warm tropical Cloud Forest. Along the way we will see hundreds of different type of flowers, hummingbirds, and orchids until you arrive to Colpapampa. after lunch its a 4-hour gradual up and downhill until reaching the campsite at LA PLAYA located at 2070 meters. passing beautiful waterfalls, coffee plantations, avocados, bananas.
Day 3: LA PLAYA LLUCMABAMBA LLACTAPATA
Today is the most beautiful day of your trek. After enjoying a delicious breakfast you start hiking a original Inca Trail, built in the XV century That connected Machupicchu with the last capital of the Incas - VILCABAMBA . The first part of our hiking is 3-hour walk uphill to our campsite at Llaqtapata; located right in front of Machupicchu, after having lunch we have the afternoon free to relax and organize different activities until dinner time.
Day 4: LLACTAPATA HYDROELECTRIC AGUAS CALIENTES
Camping at Llactapata is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, in a mountain top overlooking to Machupicchu, worth to get up early grab a cup of coffee, sit, close your eyes and enjoy the most stunning sunrise. After the breakfast we will have a 2-hour downhill to hydroelectric station, then 3 more hours to Aguas Calientes where your tour guide will take you to the hotel. At night, we will enjoy the last dinner with our Chef and Porter.
DAY 5: MACHUPICCHU (LOST CITY OF THE INCAS)
On our final day we have to get up very early to prepare for Machu Picchu and take the bus. Your guide will take you on a 2 to 3-hour comprehensive tour of the city before leaving you in Machu Picchu to explore on your own or climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (must be booked as far in advance as possible). Your guide will explain how to take the bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes for lunch and take the train and bus back to Cusco.
Inclusions for Salkantay Trek To Machupicchu 5-days
- Transfer in and out from the airport hotel.
- Pre-departure briefing the night before at 6.30pm
- Pick up from your hotel
- All transportation from the beginning to the end
- Personal porter for your personal staff up to 7kgs
- Porters to carry food and equipment
- Horse, horsemen and emergency horse
- Chef to prepare all meals
- Professional English speaking Local Tour Guides
- Second guide for groups of 8+
- All meals included in our tours except last day lunch in Machupicchu
- 4 man tents for every 2 people
- Sleeping pad
- Entrance ticket to all places we visit
- Medical kit in all our tours
- Drinkable water
- Hot water for washing
- Hand towels
- Rain Ponchos
- All Taxes included
- Expedition train back to Cusco
Exclusions for Salkantay Trek To Machupicchu 5-days
- Sleeping Bag (Can be rent from us).
- Inflatable mattress (can be rent from us).
- Trekking poles (can be rent from us).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain (need to be booked in advance).
- Machu Picchu Picchu Mountain (need to be booked in advance).
- Tips for our staff: please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.