This half-day tour begins and ends in Krakow. We wait for you at a reception desk at your hotel/apartment. Private chauffeur is also a local guide and is only at your service. Destination to Salt Mine is about 30 min. If you don't have an entrance tickets we will help you with buying. The tour in Wieliczka starts at the Danilowicz Shaft. Here you meet a professional Salt Mine Guide, who during your excursion will tell you everything you want to know about the mine history and its secrets. About the forces of nature ruling within the depths of the mine, about the ethos of hard work performed by the generations of miners. Travelling further and further into the mine chasm tourists discover unusual places and see with your own eyes the power of human hands that once excavated rock salt, as well as magnificent mining tools and machines.
You will have a moment for reflection hearing the music of Chopin accompanying a light and sound spectacle on the shores of one of the saline lakes. And finally, at the end of the journey an elevator will take you up to the surface.OPENING HOURS
8:00 AM - 17:00 - form 2 of November to 31 of March
7:30 AM - 19:30 - from 1 of April to 31 of October
- 1 January
- Easter Sunday, (Holy Saturday to 2:30 pm)
- 1 November
- 24, 25 December (31 December only from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm)
Entrance hours to the Salt Mine in foreign languages are organized as follows:
- From October to May, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., every hour, and from 10.00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. also every 30 minutes
- From June to September, from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every 30 minutes
- All year round at 10:45 a.m. and 4:10 p.m.
- From June to September additionally at 2:15 p.m.
- All year round at 10:15 a.m., 12:05 p.m., 3:15 p.m.
- All year round at 1:10 p.m.
- From April to October additionally at 9:45 a.m
- In July and August additionally at 9:45 a.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- All year round at 11:10 a.m., 2:10 p.m., 4:15 p.m.
- From December 26th to January 10th additionally at: 10:10 a.m., 12:10 p.m., 1:15 p.m.
- From April to October at 4:20 p.m,
- From June to September additionally at 11:20 a.m.