Salzburg Marionette Theater Admission Ticket
OverviewThe Salzburg Marionette Theater has charmed countless children and adults for a century and has become famous throughout the world. Since 2016 is has been included in the UNESCO List of Intangible Cultural Heritage. The performance technique of the Salzburg Marionette Theatre has been declared a cultural asset worthy of preservation, as the "most highly developed form of puppet and figure theatre." In this unique baroque auditorium they present operas, including Mozart's Magic Flute, as well as the Salzburg classic The Sound of Music, Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker ballet and Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream or Saint-Exupry's The Little Prince. Children for sure will like Peter and the Wolf or Rumpelstiltskin. This is for one admission ticket to see the show of choice, that is available. Transportation and other accommodations not included.
- Family friendly
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Popular choice with kids
Know More about this tourIn this unique baroque audience hall with 350 seats there have been operas, musicals, plays and fairytales that have occurred here such as:
The Magic Flute - Probably Mozart's best known opera, staged here for young and old. In German, subtitled in various languages. Duration: 2 hours 10 minutes, also 1-hour version in afternoons.
The Salzburg Marionette Theatre employs 12 puppeteers, trained in a wide variety of trades and professions. Qualities common to all of them are musicality, manual skill, and the ability to emphathise with the various characters in order to bring alive the marionettes on the stage. The Salzburg Marionette Theatre has evolved its own technique, which is used as a model by many marionette theatres worldwide. The puppeteers training, which takes place exclusively in the theatre itself, demands just as much time and perseverance as learning to play a musical instrument.Shows are subject to seasonality and won't all be available at one time. Be sure to check back to see what new shows will be playing next.
Inclusions for Salzburg Marionette Theater Admission Ticket
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Salzburg Marionette Theater Admission Ticket
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request
Dress code is smart casual
No short trousers in the evening
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.