Samaria Gorge Full Day Tour From Chania
OverviewIf you are fond of hiking or a little adventure amidst magnificent sites, Samaria Gorge is a must on your itinerary being one of the most impressive ravines in the whole of Europe! Trail through the most famous gorges of Crete, a little further pump up some adrenaline hiking the enormous Samaria gorge. Lookout for the wild mountain goats. Conclude the adventurous day with a refreshing swim at the fisher village-AgiaRoumeliat the Libyan Sea.
- Walk through the most famous gorge of Crete
- Hike the enormous landscape of the Samaria gorge
- See the wild mountain goat
- Visit the fisher village of Agia Roumeli & enjoy a refreshing swim
Know More about this tour
Are you a good hiker and like to walk? Do you want to join a unique hiking full day tour? If yes – then discover one of the most impressive ravines in the whole of Europe! The enormous, rugged landscape of the Samaria Gorge!
The crossing of Samaria Gorge in Creta offers a unique and fascinating experience. In Crete there are plenty of diamonds a finite natural beauty and a kind of remarkable is the gorges.
The Samaria Gorge, "the gorge, but it is one and only. The Passage of the "Gorge is a unique and fascinating experience. The hiker is confronted with nature and wild beauty. Length 18 km, but we walk “only” 16 km. Mother Nature has cut its way through the bulky limestone masses that tower up from 200 to 2.000 m. The wideness of the ravine varies from 300 to 4 metres and we cover an altitude difference of approx. 1.230 meters. Leisurely walking you normally need 5 hours to reach the south coast.
Arrive at the plateau of Omalos at an altitude of 1000 m. on the White Mountains where the adventure begins. The hike tour starts quite steeply down the ravine over rocks and stones through a forest with cool springs at shady resting sites. If you are lucky you might spot a “Kri-Kri” the wild mountain goat. At the end of the hike you reach the small fisher village of Agia Roumeli right at the Libyan Sea. You have the opportunity of a refreshing swim and a good meal in one of the local taverns. From there take the boat for Chora Sfakion and then return by coach.
Inclusions for Samaria Gorge Full Day Tour From Chania
- Transportation by luxury vehicle
- English expert escort
Exclusions for Samaria Gorge Full Day Tour From Chania
- Entrance fees (5 Euro p/p)
- Meal at the village of Agia Roumeli
- Boat tickets for the returning boat (11 Euro p/p)
- Personal expenses
- Gratuites (optional)
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 2 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.