You'll be picked up from your hotel in Delhi where you'll drive to Agra, located at the Yamuna river. Your first stop will be at the Agra Fort, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a noteworthy piece of Mughal architecture. The emperors of India's Mughal Dynasty have lived in this fort until 1638, and it's a sight to behold for its craftsmanship made of red sandstone. Your next stop is a break for some delicious lunch at a local Indian restaurant where you can taste the local flavors. Then it's off to the Taj Mahal itself, that iconic feature of Indian culture. You'll hear about the love story that led to its creation, as well as the Turkish, Indian, and Persian architectural styles that comprise its structure. You'll have time to enter it, admire the exterior and interior, it's garden, and take in the ambiance. You'll return safely to Delhi to your hotel after this day of history.
- 8:00am pick up from your hotel in Delhi and begin your trip by private air conditioned car to Agra
- 12:00pm witness the World Heritage site and Mughal architectural wonder, Agra Fort
- 1:30pm break for lunch at a local Indian restaurant
- 2:30pm witness Indias most iconic landmark, the Taj Mahal
- 4:30 pm head back to Delhi by your private air conditioned car
- 8:30pm approx. drop off at your hotel in Delhi