Explore sunny San Diego and visit some of Southern California's most exquisite sights on this day trip from Los Angeles. Spend time in La Jolla, explore the USS Midway, a real United States aircraft carrier, and tour Coronado Island. Stroll through San Diego's Old Town and browse Bazaar Del Mundo, the local world market!
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourEnjoy both beauty and history on this day trip from Los Angeles to San Diego as you see beautiful beaches and famous sites. After boarding a comfortable motor coach in Los Angeles, you’ll head down the sunny Southern California coast to San Diego, stopping first in the seaside village of La Jolla. Here you will glimpse magnificent homes of the new "Beverly Hills" and stop at La Jolla Cove.
When your stopover in La Jolla comes to an end, you’ll travel to the next highlight of your San Diego tour, the USS Midway! This decommissioned aircraft carrier is now a museum – you’ll find more than 60 different naval aviation exhibits and even a collection of 25 restored WWII aircraft. This museum is truly a WWII-buff’s dream.
Next, you will continue along the Southern California coast to Coronado Island. This beautiful island is home to the Hotel Del Coronado, the largest all-wood building in America, made famous by Marilyn Monroe in the movie Some Like it Hot. It's a favorite among heads of state, US presidents and Hollywood’s most famous stars. After you’ve explored Coronado, you will travel Old Town San Diego.
San Diego’s Old Town was founded in 1769 and is the site of the first European settlement on the West Coast. In Old Town, you’ll find the original village, including five original adobe buildings, the Whaley House (rumored to be haunted) and much more. You’ll also have time to visit the world market, Bazaar Del Mundo. Browse the market’s wares before returning to your coach for the scenic drive back to Los Angeles!
Inclusions for San Diego Day Trip From Los Angeles
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- Sightseeing in La Jolla, San Diego and Coronado Island
- Admission to the Aircraft Carrier Midway
Exclusions for San Diego Day Trip From Los Angeles
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Universal Studios Hollywood With Transport
- Los Angeles Hop-on Hop-off Double Decker Bus Tour
- Independent Day Trip To Tijuana From Los Angeles
- Dearly Departed: The Tragic History Tour Of Los Angeles
- Universal Studios Hollywood And Movie Stars' Homes Tour
- Los Angeles Dinner Cruise
- Electric Bicycle Tour Of Santa Monica And Venice Beach
- Hollywood - Behind The Scenes Walking Tour
- Historic Hollywood Stars And Bars
- Beverly Hills Beyond The Botox