OverviewRide over the world-famous Golden Gate Bridge on a 3-hour San Francisco bike tour that explores the bay-front city from Fishermanâs Wharf. Pedal a leisurely route to Aquatic Park Cove, Fort Mason Center, the Marina Green and Crissy Field before making your way across the iconic bridge. Stop at Fort Point and Vista Point for photo ops, and hear commentary on the sights from your guide. Select a morning or afternoon departure, and then keep your bike if youâve got the energy to explore further on your own!
Know More about this tourLed by a local guide, this 3-hour San Francisco bike tour is a great sightseeing activity for all ages and biking levels. Youâll follow a mostly flat route along San Francisco Bayâs scenic northern waterfront before crossing the Golden Gate Bridge.
Depart in the morning or afternoon from Fishermanâs Wharf, where your guide outfits you with a proper bike, helmet and any necessary equipment for the ride. Then hop on your bicycle and pedal to nearby Aquatic Park Cove, part of the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park.
Cycle down the pier and snap pics of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island before moving on to Fort Mason Center. The buildings of this former US Army post, a National Historic Landmark, are now used as a cultural and educational complex.
From here, pedal up a steep but short path that flattens out toward the Marina Green, located in the Marina District. While you cycle past opulent homes, enjoy a scenic panorama that includes the Palace of Fine Arts, Angel Island and the bridge as your backdrop.
Arriving at Crissy Field, also part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, glimpse shorebirds inside the restored marsh. From Fort Point, gaze up at the red towers of the bridge and prepare to cross the 3.6-mile (5.8-km) route, which follows a wide path for bicycles. Youâll be rewarded on the other side at Vista Point, including views of the city skyline.
At the end of your guided tour you can continue your biking adventure at your own pace for the rest of the day. You'll be provided with a cycle path map to help guide you around San Francisco and nearby coastal areas, including the picturesque town of Sausalito â renowned for its wide selection of restaurants and cafes, perfect for when hunger kicks in.
For a more challenging bike ride, follow the recommended route on the map and head up to the Marin Headlands. If city biking is your forte, use a ferry ticket for your return to San Francisco, where you can follow the map and continue to explore the city. Points of interest include the Presidio, Golden Gate Park and Ocean Beach.
Inclusions for San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge Bike Tour
- 3-hour guided bike tour from San Francisco to Sausalito (including Golden Gate Bridge visit)
- All day bike and equipment rental
- Map and ferry schedule
- Gear racks with bungee
Exclusions for San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge Bike Tour
- Optional ferry ticket (12 USD; payable to supplier at time of travel)
- Optional electric bike upgrade ($25 USD payable to supplier at time of travel)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirmation for this tour will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Credit card with ID (one per party) is required to be on file for a security deposit
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.