San Francisco's Wild Parrots Of Telegraph Hill Walking Tour
OverviewWitness the legendary parrots of San Francisco’s Telegraph Hill. This urban safari takes you through the Telegraph Hill neighborhood in search of the famous wild parrot colony. Descended from escaped pets, this naturalized flock has been popularized by books, news stories, travel guides and documentaries. Your guide will point out other interesting locales along the way, such as buried ships and the stomping grounds of Bummer and Lazarus, San Francisco’s most famous dogs. If you’ve covered the city’s main attractions and you’re looking for something more off beat, this fun, unique San Francisco experience is perfect for you.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet at the Columbus Statue in front of Coit Tower in San Franciscos Telegraph Hill neighborhood at 4pm. From here, your friendly, knowledgeable guide will lead you on a 3-hour walking tour in search of this neighborhoods legendary parrot colony.
Youll learn about this history of these unique birds -- primarily red-masked parakeets -- who call Telegraph Hill home. Descended from escaped or released pets, they've become a naturalized colony. Youll also hear how these parrots have been the subject of books, news stories, travel guides and documentaries.
As you search for these famous feathered friends, be sure to listen for their distinctive call, your guide will point out interesting sights along the way, including buried ships, a redwood tree grove, the original San Francisco Bay waterline (hint: its not where you think) and the stomping grounds of Bummer and Lazarus, San Franciscos most famous dogs who became canine celebrities in the 1860s.
If for some reason parrots arent sighted on your tour, youll be treated to your own DVD copy of The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill documentary to watch at home. Your Telegraph Hill walking tour ends at Sue Bierman Park.
Note: A portion of ticket proceeds go to the San Francisco based non-profit group Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue.
Inclusions for San Francisco's Wild Parrots Of Telegraph Hill Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Narrated walking tour
Exclusions for San Francisco's Wild Parrots Of Telegraph Hill Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour may be cancelled in the event of rain. In this case, travelers will be offered an alternate departure time or a full-refund
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Binoculars may enhance the enjoyment of the tour but are not necessary
Not wheelchair accessible
Walking tour covers hilly terrain with some steep areas. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Should parrots not be sighted during the tour, guests will be ordered the 83-minute DVD The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill at no additional charge
A portion of all ticket sales go to the San Francisco
based non-profit group Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue
Due to recent legislation, the parrots may no longer be hand-fed
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.