San Francisco Self Guided Bike Tour
OverviewBike the Bay on your visit to San Francisco on a self-paced and self-guided tour of the beautiful city stretching from Fishermans Wharf to the Golden Gate Bridge.
Know More about this tourBike the Bay on your visit to San Francisco on a self-paced and self-guided tour of the beautiful city stretching from Fishermans Wharf to the Golden Gate Bridge.
Enjoy a spectacular day of self-guided bike touring around San Francisco Bay. Collect your bike for the day and ride through the city and around San Francisco Bay for an unforgettable and unique sightseeing experience.
The Bay Trail bike path reaches from Fisherman's Wharf to the famous Golden Gate Bridge with several recommended routes departing from this historical landmark. There are rides to suit everyone, from beginners to veterans. Ride over the wide bicycle path of the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito before returning by ferry. Maybe you prefer to tour through the Presidio and explore Golden Gate Park. Want more? Take on the trails of the Marin Headlands, the legendary "home" of mountain biking!
With so much to see, it is clear what makes biking the bay trail a top ten "must do" when visiting San Francisco.
See "Itinerary" below for suggested routes.
Inclusions for San Francisco Self Guided Bike Tour
- 24-hour current year Comfort Mountain or Comfort Hybrid bike rental
- Bike lock, helmet and front handlebar bag
- Map and ferry schedule
- Gear racks with bungee
Exclusions for San Francisco Self Guided Bike Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito
A beginner's leisure ride! Bike through Fisherman's Wharf, Municipal Pier, Fort Mason, Crissy Field, the Presidio, and Fort Point. Bike the Golden Gate Bridge on a wide bike path with awesome views! Coast two miles downhill into sunny Sausalito, return by ferry! Or continue to Tiburon, riding the path that stretches through the Bothin Marsh in Mill Valley. Ride over to Blackie's Pasture Park, where the pure waterfront bike path stretches into seaside Tiburon. Grab a bite and ferry back to San Francisco!
City Coast to Golden Gate Park
Bike through Fisherman's Wharf and the Marina to the city's dramatic edge. Check out breathtaking coastal views, Palace of Fine Arts, The Legion of Honor Fine Arts Museum, and Ocean Beach. Coast into Golden Gate Park, home of more museums, the Japanese Tea Gardens, Stow Lake, and the Arboretum. Next door, visit the Haight/Ashbury neighborhood: the definitive San Francisco Experience! Ride through historic Presidio paths back to our shop!
Golden Gate Bridge to Conzelman
Bike through Fisherman's Wharf, Fort Mason, Crissy Field, the Presidio, and Fort Point. Bike the Golden Gate Bridge on wide bike path with awesome views! Take the Conzelman road and enjoy spectacular views from the very top of the Marin Headlands, continue to historic Point Bonita lighthouse, Rodeo beach to Sausalito/Tiburon or back to the city.
Marin Headlands to Mt. Tamalpais
There is so much to do on or off road in and around the Marin Headlands. Mtn bike through single track trails in the world famous Marin Headlands. Or head to Mill Valley and climb ole fire roads to Mt Tamapais' 2571 foot vista. Or climb winding residential roads to visit the majestic trees of Muir Woods. Complete the journey cycling back over the Golden Gate Bridge and watching the Sunset!
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of your travel date
Confirmation for this tour will be received at the time of booking
Baby seat or trailer is available for children aged 6 months or older.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Francisco City Bike Rental
- Nature Lovers Experience - California's Redwoods with Aquarium Visit
- San Francisco Golden Gate Seaplane Tour
- San Francisco Super Saver City Tour Plus Muir Woods And Sausalito Day Trip
- Mount Tamalpais Views and Redwoods Hike
- Mission District Culinary Experience with Alcohol Pairing