Nestled against the Pacific Ocean, the San Francisco Zoo is an urban oasis. It is home to over 1,000 exotic, endangered and rescued animals representing more than 250 species and lovely peaceful gardens full of native and foreign plants.
- Family friendly
- Popular choice with kids
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tourThe majestic Leanne Roberts African Region and the Valentine Family Savanna offer a multi-species landscape with giraffes, zebras, kudu, ostriches, storks, and more. At Hearst Grizzly Gulch, visitors can get nose-to-nose with rescued grizzly sisters Kachina and Kiona. Lemurs leap through the Lipman Lemur Forest, the largest outdoor lemur habitat in the country.
Penguin Island is home to the largest colony of Magellanic penguins outside of the wild. The Zoos troop of gorillas lives in the lush Jones Family Gorilla Preserve. Farm animals for feeding and petting can be found in the popular Fisher Family Childrens Zoo. The historic 1921 Dentzel Carousel and the 1904 miniature Little Puffer Steam Train are treasured by generations of visitors.
And the $3.2 million Elinor Friend Playground re-opened to the public in fall 2013. The SF Zoo offers a rich history for its guests, including fun rides, educational programs and exciting events for children of all ages. The SF Zoo is proud to be accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA).
Inclusions for San Francisco Zoo General Admission
- 1-day admission to the San Francisco Zoo
- Animal Exhibits and Shows
- On rainy days, the first 100 people will receive a complimentary rain poncho
Exclusions for San Francisco Zoo General Admission
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and drink
- Parking (additional fees)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The parking lot has many accessible parking spaces. Parking is free for disabled patrons supplying proof of a disabled placard.
Strollers and wheelchairs are available for rental at the front plaza near the entrance
Children ages 14 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult while on Zoo grounds.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.