San Gerardo De Dota And Savegre River Bird Watching And Nature Guided Cloud Forest Tour At Talamanca - San Jose
OverviewWe pick you up at hotel in San jose, Alajuela or Heredia. Bird watching is one of the fastest growing pastimes with more and more enthusiasts around the world. The beautiful environment of biological corridors make this attractive region a paradise, where more than 170 species of birds peacefully coexist with man.The San Gerardo de Dota area is perfect for those looking for a once in a lifetime bird watching experience.
Know More about this tourSan Gerardo de Dota lies within the valley of the Savegre River located in the Talamanca Mountains. This area is a favorite amongst bird watchers as the surrounding cloud forest and crisp mountain air combine to create prime habitat for many species of birds.
San Gerardo de Dota besides being inside the beautiful Los Quetzales National Park, is near Dominical beach, Tapant-Macizo de la Muerte National Park and Cerro Chirrip. You can be picked-up at any of this places.Morning birdsong heralds the start of an unforgettable experience in the cloud forest. During breakfast the hummingbirds give you an indication of what your excursion will be like.
San Gerardo is also a paradise for birdwatchers as it has more than 170 bird species, including some of the most rare and endangered bird species. This area is covered with virgin cloudforest and belongs to the endemic rich Talamanca mountain chain. This is one of the best places of the world to spot the spectacular resplendent Quetzal, a highlight for many on a Costa Rica birding tours.
Various migratory species arrive throughout the different seasons of the year, joining the native species to add still more colorful views for birdwatchers. Aside from the quetzal, there are many other bird species located within the surrounding area. Such species include emerald toucanettes, bell birds, trogons, hummingbirds, tanagers, and woodpeckers to name a few.
After meeting your guide at the hotel reception, you set out on your walk through trails in different areas of the valley in order to watch as many birds as possible. Along our trails, you will be able to find the most elusive and hard-to-spot species, real achievements for birders who want to increase their life list
Besides the bird watching adventure, you will have the opportunity to walk through kilometers of forest trails and admire lush virgin woods, rare flora and fauna, refreshing rivers and stunning waterfalls.
Inclusions for San Gerardo De Dota And Savegre River Bird Watching And Nature Guided Cloud Forest Tour At Talamanca
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for San Gerardo De Dota And Savegre River Bird Watching And Nature Guided Cloud Forest Tour At Talamanca
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Jungle Tubing
- Cinco Ceibas Full-Day Tour From San Jose
- Small-Group Beyond Horseback Adventure with Lunch near Jaco
- San Jos City Tour
- Cinco Ceibas Combo Tour 3 in 1
- Doka Estate and La Paz Waterfalls Gardens from San Jose
- Venado Caves and La Fortuna Waterfall from San Jose
- Full Day Monteverde Cloud Forest Tour from San Jose