San Gimignano Tour
OverviewVisit the town of San Gimignano and immerse yourself in the art and architecture on a half day tour of San Gimignano and the Tuscan countryside. Enjoy a wine tasting in the Chianti region.
- San Gimignano
- Wine tasting tour
Know More about this tour
North west of Siena, on the hills of Vald’Elsa, stands the medieval town of San gimignano.Defined as the town “with a hundred towers”, owing to the presence of these impressive buildings symbolising power and wealth, till the thirteenth century the town counted seventytwo towers, fourteen of them are still standing today. Due to the development of trade on the Via Francigena, crossed by thousands of pilgrims in the Middle Ages on their way to Rome, San Gimignano possesses interweave with the secrets of the local wine and gastronomy in a potpourri of fragrances and tastes, that our expert tour leaders will give you the opportunity of testing, in a unique tour.
This incomparable experience will give you the possibility to appreciate the particular beauty of Santa Fina pottery and local handicrafts. You will also have the opportunity to discover the history of the only Tuscan white wine recognized as D.O.C.G., the famous Vernaccia, that you will taste in one of the most renowned of the San Gimignano area, with a big selection of other typical wines and products.
Inclusions for San Gimignano Tour
- Pick up service
- Travel by minivan with air conditioning for a maximum of 8 people
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Wine, oil and balsamic vinegar tasting Snack with sliced cold meats and typical salami
- Drop off service
- If you cancel between 0 days To 3 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 3 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.