San Ignacio Ruins Plus Wanda Mines Full Day From Puerto Iguazú
OverviewSan Ignacio Miní stands as the best preserved Jesuit Mission of the 16th and 17th centuries throughout the Argentine territory. Around the main square, you find the Church, the “Casa de los Padres”, the cemetery, the houses and town hall. Native stones and large pieces of red sandstone were used to build San Ignacio city. The Wanda Mines is a great place especially known for its deposits of precious stones, turquoise, amethyst and rock crystal. Since 1976 they have become a tour for all those who come to these distances known as the Jungle region.
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Ideal choice for families
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYou will start this trip with your centrally located Puerto Iguaz or Foz de Iguaz hotel pick up. Then youll travel approximately 250 kilometers to San Ignacio.
In 1984, the Jesuit Missions of San Ignacio Min, along with Nuestra Seora de Loreto, Santa Ana and Santa Mara la Mayor (located in Argentina) were declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. San Ignacio City is a tourist destination with breathtaking landscapes such as the Tey Cuar State Park reserve, the Yabebir river and other natural beauties spread throughout the region. The city is surrounded by native flora in each corner.
Among the thick missionary jungle relief from the ruins of San Ignacio Reduction, the remains of a civilization designed by Jesuits and constructed by Guarani hands stood out for its efficiency nearly 400 years ago and for that reason perished. The facade of the temple was made entirely of pink sandstone in 1610 and American Baroque design was rebuilt by a group of scientists during the past century. It was necessary because the reduction had been buried in the jungle for nearly two centuries. Thousands of tourists visit it every year. It is located in the center of San Ignacio town, on 12 route and 60 kilometers away from Posadas. The right wall of the temple today looks flawless, a group of specialists during the summer have been grooming it. This was possible because the World Monuments Foundation donated $ 50,000. Step by step, all the walls of this monument due to the tropical climate of the region tends to be covered with small microorganisms that decompose the materials.
Inside the Wanda Mines agates, jasper, original topaz, among other varieties can be observed and purchased by tourists who come to visit this exciting place. The stones extracted from the mines are turned into gems and used for jewelry making. In line with this and the legend, this place of great tourist importance is named after a Polish princess who was very fond of the beauty of the stones that are generated there.
The tour finishes with your hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for San Ignacio Ruins Plus Wanda Mines Full Day From Puerto Iguazú
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for San Ignacio Ruins Plus Wanda Mines Full Day From Puerto Iguazú
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Iguazu Falls, Jungle Activities and Boat Ride from Puerto Iguaz
- Creative Cooking Class and Dinner with Wine in Iguazu
- Safari Truck in the Jungle, Boat Ride and Argentinian Falls
- Private Iguaz Falls Argentinean Side Tour with Boat Option
- Guira Oga Bird Park Admission with Iguaz Falls Upgrade
- Puerto Iguazu Airport Shuttle Transfer
- Puerto Iguaz Round-Trip Airport Transfer
- Foz do Iguau Folkloric Show with Dinner from Puerto Iguaz