OverviewExplore San Joses Barrio Escalante and its assortment of microbreweries on a 3-hour beer tasting tour. Your informative local guide shares knowledge of Costa Ricas burgeoning beer culture and accompanies you to a variety of brewpubs where youll taste a sampling (10 in all) of the choicest beers. Learn about the increase in popularity of craft beers as you discover new flavors, paired with tapas. Enjoy a brief stop at Artesanos Market to browse for souvenirs along the way! Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience.
- Free drinks included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your friendly guide at the National Theater and make a brief stop at Artesanos Market — the best place to find authentic local souvenirs — en route to Barrio Escalanate. Most of the city’s beer-obsessed venues are based in this neighborhood, located in the eastern part of San Jose.
Your pub tour kicks into full gear at a local brewery that crafts its own beer. Get a full introduction with a brief history of the craft beer movement in Costa Rica, followed by a beer tasting. You’ll savor some of the finest brews among three small samples featuring different styles, from stouts to IPAs.
Continue walking through the neighborhood and pop into some of the area’s most popular watering holes, where you’ll rub elbows with the locals and discover why these spots are so beloved. At each pub or microbrewery you’ll either sample the in-house beer or a local craft beer, paired with some Costa Rican tapas to indulge your appetite.
Finish your beer-tasting tour of San Jose at Stiefel Pub, a great location to continue your evening. Your guide will provide further recommendations of places to grab a bite to eat or keep sampling the best craft beers around.
Inclusions for San Jose Beer Tasting Tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- 10 small beer samples
- Costa Rican tapas pairings
Exclusions for San Jose Beer Tasting Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Enchanting Rain Forest
- The Best Of Central America - Nicaragua And Costa Rica
- The Perfect Combination - Panama And Costa Rica
- Irresistible Nature
- Untamed Costa Rica
- Cinco Ceibas Rainforest Reserve And Adventure Park
- Corcovado National Park And Cano Island Biological Reserve
- Irazu Volcano National Park And Pacuare River Rafting Adventure
- Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Montezuma And Cabo Blanco Absolute Natural Reserve