San Jose Combo Tour: Horseback Riding And Sarapiquí River Boat Ride
OverviewExplore the rainforests of Costa Ricas Sarapiqu region at a leisurely pace on this full-day guided combo tour. Departing from San Jose, your scenic route takes you through the lush Braulio Carrillo National Park. Hop into a boat in Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqu and meander down a river, with crocs, sloths and herons dotting the shoreline. Take a horseback ride into the jungle and listen for monkeys and tanagers. This pleasant outing includes a delicious Costa Rican lunch and hotel transport.
- All necessary equipment included
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourEnjoy midmorning hotel pickup in San Jose and travel north with your guide for about two hours by comfortable minivan, passing coffee plantations and farmlands along the way. Your route takes you through Braulio Carrillo National Park, a pristine wonderland of waterfalls, volcanoes and dense rainforest.
Arrive at Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqu (known by locals as simply Puerto Viejo), located in northeastern Costa Rica at the junction of the Puerto Viejo and Sarapiqu rivers. Board a boat and cruise down the Sarapiqu River, which runs from the Central Mountain Range north of San Jose to the San Marcos River.
During the 1.5-hour boat ride, admire the tropical rainforest lowlands and catch sight of crocodiles and toucans as well as sloths and monkeys. Learn about the local plant and animal life you see along the way.
Next, head to Madero Negro, a private reserve in the Sarapiqu region, for an easygoing, 1-hour guided horseback ride through rainforest jungle. Keep watch for the furtive movements of monkeys and iguanas in the lush vegetation. Delight in sighting an array of birds, including herons and tanagers.
Back at the reserve, dig into a hearty Costa Rican lunch and then stroll through a butterfly garden and sanctuary of frogs and snakes. When it's time to leave, board your minivan that speeds you back to San Jose along the same scenic route.
Inclusions for San Jose Combo Tour: Horseback Riding And Sarapiquí River Boat Ride
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for San Jose Combo Tour: Horseback Riding And Sarapiquí River Boat Ride
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear long pants, comfortable shoes and bring a hat and a camera
Horseback riding portion of the tour is suitable for all levels of experience
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Britt Coffee Tour and Chocolate Tasting from San Jose
- Canopy Zipline Eco-Adventure Tour from San Jose
- Cinco Ceibas Rainforest Reserve and Adventure Park from San Jose
- Sarapiqui River Rafting Class II-III Rapids
- San Jose Walking and Bus City Tour
- Carpe Chepe Pub Crawl in San Jose with Skip-the-Line Entrance