San Jose Jade Museum General Admission Ticket
OverviewThis museum owns the largest pre-Columbian jade collection in Central America and safeguards a collection of over 700 archaeological pieces comprised of material such as ceramics, shell, jade, bone, wood, gold, stone and resin.You will see displays of Olmec and Mayan objects which are almost3500 years-old.The Museum boasts an inclusive museography, immersing visitors in out-of the ordinary atmospheres using design and back-up technological resources.
- Family friendly
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
Know More about this tour
The Museo del Jade y de La Cultura Precolombina by the Instituto Nacional de Seguros (INS), located in the center of the Costa Rican capital, offers the public visiting its permanent exhibits the opportunity to observe all of its archaeological heritage collection.
Located nearPlaza de la Democracia and integrated to the museums and cultural ensemble of San Jos, it shares, along with the neighboring museums, a common objective: to make the pre-Columbian heritage of Costa Rica known to both national and foreign tourists. The modern building where the Museum is located gives the chance to recover public spaces and establish itself as a cultural destination at a local and international level.
When you visit the Museum you will enter modern exhibition galleries built under the "immersive museography" concept, which incorporates floors, walls and ceilings in a way that viewers perceive themselves in an "exceptional" and novel space out of everyday life.
The Museum, as part of a scientific-museographic and architectural proposal, was conceived as an educational and cultural space and an ideal complement to non-formal learning for all the different Museums visitors. It also allows for approaching the object of study from different thematic perspectives, using different didactic strategies ranging from traditional written and graphical information on the walls, manual and digital interactive devices, projections, three-dimensional environments, audio stations with specific information, audio guides and text adaptation into Braille language.
Inclusions for San Jose Jade Museum General Admission Ticket
- Admission ticket
Exclusions for San Jose Jade Museum General Admission Ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Overnight Manuel Antonio National Park Hiking and Zipline Tour
- Nightlife Hop on Hop Off Tour in San Jose
- Day Trip from San Jose to Irazu Volcano National Park, Cartago City and Orosi Valley
- Zipline Tour from San Jose: 25 Cables Over 11 Waterfalls
- High Ropes Tour at Adventure Park from San Jose
- Kayak Jungle Tour on the Sarapiqui River