San Jose Tropical Rainforest Adventure Including Chocolate Tasting
OverviewWhat could be better than a chocolate tour and wildlife encounter in a Costa Rican tropical rainforest! Meet the monkeys, parrots and other tropical birds that call La Selva Biological Reserve home. Hear about the reserves status as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve from your guide before visiting Tirimbina Rainforest Center, where you'll learn more about cacao and enjoy a chocolate tasting.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourJoin your tour in central San Jose, then relax on the drive to La Virgen del Socorro, a private reserve with wonderful birdlife, including rare hawks, kites and hummingbirds.
After lunch at a local restaurant, continue to the Braulio Carrillo National Park in Costa Ricas Sarapiqui lowlands region. Stop to take a walk across the mighty Tirimbina Suspension Bridge over the Sarapiqui River, then join your expert naturalist guide on a walk through tropical rainforest in La Selva Biological Reserve, one of the country's best spots for wildlife and birdwatching.
There's the chance to spot 400 bird species on your guided highlands walk, which takes you to La Selva Organization for Tropical Studies. Learn about the reserve's status as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, hear about the groundbreaking research, conservation and ecotourism being carried out here, and enjoy more birdwatching and photography at La Selva.
After your encounter with nature in the tropical rainforest, learn the secrets behind the history and art of chocolate-making on a visit to Tirimbna Rainforest Center. Learn how the cacao tree originated in Mesoamerica, see forest and wild species of the plant, and hear how chocolate is produced.
At the end of your visit, enjoy a tasting of organic chocolate and other cacao products made by the local Association of Women Amazilia del Caribe before visiting a leafcutter ant farm and learn all about these intriguing insects. Then, enjoy a relaxing drive back to San Jose.
Inclusions for San Jose Tropical Rainforest Adventure Including Chocolate Tasting
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for San Jose Tropical Rainforest Adventure Including Chocolate Tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Each walking trail in La Silva is approximately 3 hours, principally on cement or wood trails suitable for people of all ages and with good mobility. Please remember that the temperature rises during the day, reaching its peak in midday. Participants on this tour must be in good health.
It is recommended that you wear closed-toed shoes/hiking boots and a raincoat or poncho
This is a child-friendly tour. Children aged 5 years and younger are welcome at no charge
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Arenal Volcano and Tabacn Hot Springs Day Trip from San Jose
- Rainforest Adventure from San Jose
- Pacuare White Water Rafting Class III - IV
- San Jose Dinner, Live Music, and Traditional Dance
- Adventure Rappel Tour and Transfer to Arenal from San Jose
- Private Arrival Transfer: San Jose Airport to Monteverde