San Jose Walking Tour: Food, History And Architecture
OverviewLearn about local life in San Jose through its architecture, history and food. This 3-hour walking tour shows you the typical lifestyle of the capital as you stroll through the streets with a knowledgeable local guide. Get to know the city through its grand markets and coffee history, ending at Mercado Central (Central Market) where youll sip Costa Rican coffee and sample some tasty food. Numbers are limited to 12 people, ensuring an intimate experience with a small group.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourStart your San Jose walking tour at a caf in Mercado Borbn (Borbn Market), where youll meet your guide and relax with a rich cup of morning coffee. Then take a stroll through the market, tasting fresh fruit and learning more about the agricultural history of the area.
Youll visit a number of stands, from a coffee stand where you'll learn about the Costa Rican chorrado brewing method, to a local folk medicine stand. Your guide shares insight about the market and coffee and their impact on the history of San Joses citizens.
Discover more local history when you continue to the Central Market, a San Jose historical treasure. Youll find no better place to experience the local cuisine than this market, established in 1882 and full to the brim with typical Costa Rican food and drink. As you explore the labyrinth of culinary choices with your guide by your side, sample local specialties and sip your second Costa Rican coffee of the day.
Complete your walking tour here, armed with a wealth of historical information, culinary know-how and perhaps even some local lingo to continue exploring on your own.
Inclusions for San Jose Walking Tour: Food, History And Architecture
- Local guide
- Food tastings
Exclusions for San Jose Walking Tour: Food, History And Architecture
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Jose Dinner, Live Music, and Traditional Dance
- Adventure Rappel Tour and Transfer to Arenal from San Jose
- Private Arrival Transfer: San Jose Airport to Monteverde
- Britt Coffee Tour and Chocolate Tasting from San Jose
- Canopy Zipline Eco-Adventure Tour from San Jose
- Cinco Ceibas Rainforest Reserve and Adventure Park from San Jose