OverviewDelve beneath the surface of San Jose on an in-depth walking tour of the city. Experience local life in Costa Rica, visit a popular park and meet an artisan craftsman on your guided stroll. Enjoy typical Costa Rican cuisine in a 80-year-old inn and travel like a local on San Joses public transportation, accompanied by your local guide.
- Free snacks included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYour walking tour begins at España Park, one of San Jose's many beautiful urban spaces. Stroll beneath the trees, then pass by the Costa Rica National Museum.
Next, get around the city like a local by taking public transportation to the San Jose Central Market. Learn about local traditions as you explore and visit shops and artisan stalls. Then, sip on a cup of freshly-brewed coffee as you take in the energy of this traditional place.
Continue on to the old city of Escazu, stopping by La Sabana Metropolitan Park on your way. Head to an 80-year-old inn, where a delicious traditional local lunch is served. Discover the flavors of authentic Costa Rican cuisine, and experience typical tapas enjoyed by the city's local people.
After lunch, have a glass of 'chicha', a traditional local drink, before heading out to visit the home of a legendary Costa Rican mask maker. Step inside the building where the masks have been produced for three generations by the same family. You'll meet the artisan and hear the stories and secrets behind this creative craft, that plays a vital part in Costa Rican celebrations, holidays and masquerades.
The final stop on your San Jose walking tour is an 80-year-old bakery where you will learn how to make your own tortillas. Enjoy a cup of coffee and homemade bread before ending the tour at the Costa Rica National Theatre.
Inclusions for San Jose Walking Tour Including Central Market And Lunch
- Local English speaking guides
- Traditional Costa Rican Tapas
- Local Transportation
- Masquerade Show
- Chicha drink
- Cup of organic coffee
Exclusions for San Jose Walking Tour Including Central Market And Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable, casual clothing for walking
Minimum age is 6 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.