San Martin De Los Andes Mountain Bike Adventure - San Martín De Los Andes
OverviewCycle through the wild landscapes of the Argentine Patagonia on this half-day mountain bike tour of low-level difficulty. Depending on the weather, ride around Cerro Chapelco to see Lann Volcano breaking through the hazy Andes mountain range horizon or, pedal through the forests of Lann National Park near the Piedra de Trompul formation. Before returning to San Martin de los Andes, take in showstopping views of Lake Lcar. Enjoy personalized attention and informative commentary on this small-group tour, limited to just 12 people.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourAfter a hotel pickup by minivan in San Martin de los Andes, head out on one of two possible routes for your mountain bike tour. Your transport zips you to a high starting point, allowing you to enjoy a journey that meanders downhill. There may be some gentle hills and long stretches of pedaling along the way but the views make it worthwhile!
Cerro Chapelco Tour:
If your guide selects this route (based on the weather conditions), begin at Mount Chapelco, a site that towers some 6,496 feet (1,980 meters) above sea level, and attracts visitors from all over the world for its first-class ski resort and bounty of year-round outdoor activities.
Admire the lenga forests that surround Mount Chapelco, and glimpse snow-covered Lann Volcano, straddling the border of Argentina and Chile, that breaks high above the rest of the Andes mountain range. Cross streams and cycle through the forests of Arrayanes with its cinnamon-colored trees. When you reach Arrayanes viewpoint, be wowed by sweeping views of San Martin de los Andes, the forested Andes mountains and Lake Lcar, spanning 21 square miles (55 sq km) wide.
Piedra de Trompul Tour:
Your biking journey for this route begins inside Lann National Park at Piedra de Trompul, which means Chiefs stone in the indigenous Mapuche language. Learn from your guide about the local legend behind the pointed rock formation and then cycle along a high plateau, up and down hills, and through forests of massive coihue trees.
In the hills high above Lake Lcar, pass local Mapuche communities and continue on wooded fire roads down to the lake. Enjoy lakeside views during the final leg of your ride.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for San Martin De Los Andes Mountain Bike Adventure
- Professional guide
- Mountain bike and helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by minivan
Exclusions for San Martin De Los Andes Mountain Bike Adventure
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age is 8 years
Suitable for all levels of experience
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
It is recommended that you bring sunblock and wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
During the winter months (June through September), it is recommended that you wear warm clothes and bring a jacket or sweater
Routes are chosen by your guide based on the weather conditions of the day of the tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.