San Salvador Layover Tour: City Sightseeing And Joya De Cerén
OverviewGot a long layover at Monseor scar Arnulfo Romero International Airport? Get out and explore San Salvador and nearby Joya de Cern on this 4- to 6-hour tour that includes private, round-trip airport transfers. In San Salvador, visit top city attractions such as Salvador del Mundo Square and the Metropolitan Cathedral of the Holy Savior. Later, travel to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Joya de Cern, where your guide gives you a glimpse into life in the 6th century. You can do this tour with private transport only, or upgrade to include a guide.
Know More about this tourMake the most of your long layover in San Salvador by taking upwards of six hours to tour the city and Joya de Cern, a former Maya village that was covered in ash during a volcano eruption in the 6th century. Read on to learn about what to expect during your trip.
San Salvador Tour (23 hours):Following a pickup at the Monseor scar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, hop into your private airport transfer to the city of San Salvador, El Salvadors bustling capital. Explore Salvador del Mundo Square and Masferrer Square and hear of San Salvadors rich history from your guide. Alternatively, simply enjoy the private transport as you explore the city on your own.
Among the must-see attractions? Visit El Rosario Church and the grand Metropolitan Cathedral. The cathedral, widely considered to be the citys most beautiful building, houses the tomb of the fourth Archbishop Oscar Romero. Youll also see a mural by Fernando Llort the countrys most famous living artist inside the cathedral.
Joya de Cern Tour (23 hours):Continue on to nearby Joya de Cern, a local archaeological site nicknamed the Pompeii of the Americas. In the 6th century, the nearby Loma Caldero volcano erupted and rained thick, heavy layers of ash down on the settlement of Joya de Cern. Although the inhabitants had time to flee, their homes, storehouses, places of worship, utensils, ceramics and furniture were completely encased in the thick ash.
Today, Joya de Cern is a UNESCO World Heritage site that provides fascinating insight into how daily life might have been centuries ago. Wander the site, which is considered a museum, to marvel at the relics of an early civilization.
After two to three hours at Joya de Cern, transfer back to the airport with plenty of time to catch your next flight.
Inclusions for San Salvador Layover Tour: City Sightseeing And Joya De Cerén
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- Private guide (if option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for San Salvador Layover Tour: City Sightseeing And Joya De Cerén
- Gratuities (optional)
- Private guide (if option not selected)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The tour will finish approximately 2 hours prior to your flight's departure time
Note: The tour has a duration of approximately 4 to 6 hours. Please make sure your layover is at least 6 hours long prior to booking
Important: Please provide your flight details upon booking to ensure pickup and drop-off arrangements
Travelers arriving from or nationals from: Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador; to enter the country must have American Visa to avoid any drawbacks on arrival
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Salvador Historic Bike Tour
- 3-Day Adventure Trip in San Salvador
- 3-Day Archeological Tour from San Salvador
- Full Day Tour: Coffee Manufacturer and Thermal Water of San Salvador
- Botanical Gardens La Laguna and Boqueron National Park
- Mayan Ruins at Joya de Ceren and Cerro Verde National Park
- Joya de Cern, San Andrs and Tazumal Pyramid Archaelogical Tour from San Salvador
- Full Day Tour to Cihuatan, La Palma and Suchitoto Towns from San Salvador