San Salvador Layover Tour: Mayan Route Including Joya De Cerén
OverviewTake advantage of your next layover in El Salvador and embark on this private tour of Joya de Cern, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and San Andrs. Both are on the Mayan Route, a collection of important Mayan archaeological sites in Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. A driver will pick you up at the airport and take you to these endlessly fascinating sites, which architecture and history buffs will especially love. Enjoy seeing some of El Salvadors most impressive historic locations before returning to the airport for the next leg of your journey. You wont want to miss this.
Know More about this tourYour private tour begins when your plane touches down in El Salvador. A driver (and a guide, if you select that option) will pick you up at the airport when your plane arrives. Take an exciting archaeological journey to the Mayan site Joya de Cern, known as the Pompeii of the Americas. Learn about what life was like in this pre-Columbian farming village, which historians believe was inhabited as early as 1200 BC. Around the year AD 590 Loma Caldera, a nearby volcano, violently erupted, burying the village under 14 layers of ash and subsequently preserving it for hundreds of years.
Walk through this historic archeological site and explore how its inhabitants lived thousands of years ago. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage sites houses, workshops, kitchens, and even a sauna and a religious structure.
Next visit San Andrs, a historically and culturally significant site. Learn about how this political and ceremonial center helped earlier civilizations govern themselves. After youve had time to explore the area, your private vehicle will bring you back to the airport in time for you to catch your next flight.
Inclusions for San Salvador Layover Tour: Mayan Route Including Joya De Cerén
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- Local guide (if optional selected)
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for San Salvador Layover Tour: Mayan Route Including Joya De Cerén
- Gratuities (optional)
- Local guide (if option not selected)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The tour will finish approximately 2 hours prior to your flight's departure time
Note: The tour has a duration of approximately 4 to 6 hours. Please make sure your layover is at least 6 hours long prior to booking
Important: Please provide your flight details upon booking to ensure pickup and drop-off arrangements
Travelers arriving from or nationals from: Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador; to enter the country must have American Visa to avoid any drawbacks on arrival
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Salvador Historic Bike Tour
- 3-Day Adventure Trip in San Salvador
- 3-Day Archeological Tour from San Salvador
- Full Day Tour: Coffee Manufacturer and Thermal Water of San Salvador
- Botanical Gardens La Laguna and Boqueron National Park
- Mayan Ruins at Joya de Ceren and Cerro Verde National Park
- Joya de Cern, San Andrs and Tazumal Pyramid Archaelogical Tour from San Salvador
- Full Day Tour to Cihuatan, La Palma and Suchitoto Towns from San Salvador