San Telmo And Mataderos Fair Tour In Buenos Aires
OverviewTake a guided tour of two of the most famous fairs in the city of Buenos Aires: San Pedro Telmo Antique Fair and Mataderos Fair. You will enjoy strolling around and discovering the various goods and stalls. Learn about the traditions and history of these fairs and even buy some souvenirs yourself. The tour includes lunch, transport from a central meeting point and a professional guide.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourEarly in the morning, every Sunday since 1970, the San Pedro Telmo Antiques Fair begins to take shape on the pavement of Plaza Dorrego. You will meet your guide directly in the heart of the fair. More than 270 stalls are distributed around the square and on the Defensa street which becomes a pedestrian street only for this day. The fair receives about 10,000 visitors each Sunday and there is a high percentage of tourists from all around the world. At the fair, you can find almost anything you are looking for. From furniture and artifacts, to traditional Argentine crafts, clothing and leather goods. You will also visit the Mercado de San Telmo where you can shop for souvenirs and see unique vendors and stores.
After two hours there, you will depart to the southwest part of the city of Buenos Aires, where you will visit one of the most important fairs in the city, and, incredibly, one of the least known. Born nearly three decades ago, the Mataderos Fair has become a traditional weekend tour for those who want to connect with Argentine countryside traditions.
Located in the neighborhood of Mataderos, opposite the old National Treasury market (where the cattle was brought to be controlled and sold for domestic consumption), it has over 300 stalls that sells traditional "gaucho" crafts (as mates, ponchos, blankets, leather goods and silver) and regional foods (such as empanadas and locro). The tour includes a taste of one of these wonderful meals.
This fair is also worth visiting for its arts festivals and their gaucho skill shows. Horse races (on special occasions), concerts and numerous typical folk musicians dances are performed. Also, lectures, exhibitions, traditional games for kids and adults; and folk dance classes and tango are organized. Three hours later, you will be back at the meeting point in San Telmo.
Note: The tour of Mataderos only operates from April to December, so during the summer months (January to March) the tour will only include the San Telmo Fair.
Inclusions for San Telmo And Mataderos Fair Tour In Buenos Aires
- Transportation from/to meeting point
- Lunch (2 pizza slices and a soft drink - Only San Telmo Fair option)
- Lunch (2 empanadas and a soft drink - San Telmo and Mataderos Fair option)
- Professional guide
Exclusions for San Telmo And Mataderos Fair Tour In Buenos Aires
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Note: during the summer months (January to March) the tour will only include the San Telmo Fair.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.