Sandboarding - Cape Town
OverviewWhen it comes to Sandboarding in Cape town, Downhill Adventures was the first and is still the best! Our World-Champion equipment and teaching techniques guarantee you will have an exhilarating fun-filled experience in some of the most spectacular sand dune fields in Africa. Its fast, a blast and easy to learn with Downhill Adventures, the inventors of Sandboarding! The magnificent Atlantis Dunes field is a perfect spot to Sandboard. Amazing views and white sand dunes ranging up to 35 metres (114 feet) make this a must-do adventure activity while in the Cape, one of the few commercial Sandboarding locations in the world. Derived from Snowboarding, the sport is popular in areas with desert or coastal sand dunes. Unlike Snowboarding, however, which is largely seasonal, dunes are mostly available all year round.With the combo option you will also be treated to a thrilling quadbike/ATV ride
Know More about this tourAt 9am we leave from our offices in Cape Town CBD and will transport you all the way to the Atlantis Dunes where your sandboarding adventure will take place. If you are staying in Cape Town CBD we can pick you up from your hotel too!
On arrival at the dunes your guide will instruct you in the basics of sandboarding, teaching you how to handle your board and give you a safety briefing. You will then start out on smaller dunes and take on the bigger dunes as you get more confident!
Our half day adventure will end around lunch time and you will be transported back to town.
Our full day adventure, you will be provided with lunch at the dunes and then continue sandboarding in the afternoon.
Our combo option, which is the most popular one, will see you having lunch in the dunes and then you will have a chance to do some Quadbike/ATV riding which also takes place in the dunes.
Inclusions for Sandboarding
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees & Permits
- Driver/Professional Guide
- Picnic Lunch
- Sandboarding Equipment
Exclusions for Sandboarding
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
Dress comfortable with sneakers/takkies and preferably shorts
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.