Santa Rita Winery Half-Day Tour From Santiago
OverviewPair wine tasting with local history on this half-day tour to Santa Rita winery from Santiago. Learn about age-old winemaking traditions as you amble through vineyards, the cellars and the bottling plant of this historic estate nestled in the foothills of the Andes. Along the way, enjoy doses of history at points of interest such as Bodega 1 and the Doña Paula Restaurant. Top off the tour with three delightful tastings of cabernet sauvignon, merlot, chardonnay or cabernet franc. Hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter your hotel pickup from Santiago, relax on the 45-minute drive south to Santa Rita winery, located in Alto Jahuel, part of the Maipo Valley winemaking region.
Enter Santa Ritas sculpted grounds, where youll meet your winery guide and group in front of elegant colonial-era buildings. Start your 1-hour tour admiring the vineyards that blanket the Andes foothills.
This estate was among the first to grow European grape varieties in Chile starting in 1880. You'll learn more about the founders and the estate's age-old processes on trips to the fermentation cellars and the bottling plant. Stop by a stone and mortar structure called Bodega 1.
Next, stand before the Doa Paula Restaurant to hear about the 120 Patriots, a battle-fatigued troupe of soldiers, led by rebel and later Chilean head of state Bernardo OHiggins, who were provided refuge at the manor from owner Doa Paula in 1814.
One of the estates most popular wine series, the Santa Rita 120, honors this history, and you get to taste three types of the elegant varietals (cabernet sauvignon, merlot, chardonnay or cabernet franc) at the wine bar. As you sip brilliant ruby red or honey-colored wine, see if you can detect scents of strawberries, cherries or raspberries balanced with a hint of vanilla and other spices.
Before heading back to Santiago, spend your remaining time strolling through the landscaped grounds, or wander through the on-site Andean Museum to see an excellent collection of more than 3,000 pre-Columbian artifacts. Dont forget to browse the wine shop for books, souvenirs, and of course, bottles of wine made at this storied estate to take home.
Inclusions for Santa Rita Winery Half-Day Tour From Santiago
- Winery tour
- Wine tasting
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Santa Rita Winery Half-Day Tour From Santiago
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age to drink wine is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Premium Concha y Toro Winery Tour with Wine and Cheese Tastings from Santiago
- Valle Nevado Day Trip from Santiago
- Cousino Macul and Concha y Toro Wineries Day Trip from Santiago
- Santiago Super Saver: 2-Day City Sightseeing and Concha y Toro Winery Tour
- Santiago Hotel or Airport Arrival Transfer to Via del Mar or Valparaiso