Santa Tecla And El Boquerón National Park From San Salvador
OverviewVisit El Boquern, San Salvadors iconic volcano, and get up close and personal with this landmark just 15 miles (25 km) from the city. Walk the trails at the top of the volcano and take in the fresh pine-scented air, and then visit Santa Tecla, a town in the foothills of the volcano. Upgrade to a private tour is available. Both the private and group tours include hotel pickup and drop-off.
Know More about this tour
After being picked up at your hotel, enjoy the drive to the majestic El Boquern, the imposing volcano that looks over this Central American metropolis. El Boquern Big Mouth is a symbol of the city. After entering the national park that covers the top of the volcano, your transport will park, leaving you free to explore with your guide. Walking up to the crater is a relatively easy stroll. Take about an hour to view the massive crater its 3.1 miles (5 km) in diameter and 1,831 feet (558 m) deep and spend some time on a walk along on the pine-tree-flanked trails or grab a snack to eat (own expense).
On the way to Santa Tecla, briefly explore San Salvador, a city with half a million inhabitants and home to bustling boulevards, ornate churches, and intriguing modern architecture. Travel through the streets of the historic downtown, passing El Rosario Church, the massive Metropolitan Cathedral, and the neoclassical National Theater, as well as Salvador del Mundo (Savior of the World) Square. Discuss with your guide which spots youd like to stop at to explore on foot and which you are content to drive by.
Then make your way to Santa Tecla, a town in the foothills of the volcano that was built in the 19th century to be the nations capital after San Salvador was badly damaged by an earthquake. San Salvador remained the capital, but Santa Tecla has impressive architecture in the city center. Sit down for a traditional Salvadoran lunch (own expense) or just explore the area, walking down the famous Paseo del Carmen, a cultural district where families and friends gather, or visiting the beautiful El Carmen Church. After your visit is over, relax on the drive back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Santa Tecla And El Boquerón National Park From San Salvador
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Private guide (if private tour option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned van, minivan or coach (depending on the group size)
Exclusions for Santa Tecla And El Boquerón National Park From San Salvador
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Salvador Layover Tour: City Sightseeing and Joya de Cern
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Monsenor scar Arnulfo Romero International Airport to San Salvador Hotels
- Half Day or Full Day Tour of San Salvador Including The Devil's Door
- Full Day Tour: Coffee Manufacturer and Thermal Water of San Salvador
- Full Day Tour to Salvadorean Villages
- Joya de Cern, San Andrs and Tazumal Pyramid Archaelogical Tour from San Salvador