Santiago Artisan Village And Sculpture Park
OverviewBrowse for traditional Chilean arts and crafts in Santiagos handicraft village of Los Dominicos on this six-hour tour, including a walk through Parque de Las Esculturas. Pore over amazing displays of crafts and jewelry made from wood, glass, metal and gemstones by talented local artisans, and walk past dozens of fascinating works of art that have become part of the landscape at Santiagos sculpture park. Youll enjoy the village atmosphere and a respite from the bustling city in this greenbelt along the Mapocho River!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYour guide will pick you up from your Santiago hotel at 10am and take your group to the charming artisan village of Los Dominicos a must-see stop for anyone looking for traditional Chilean arts and crafts or great souvenirs. This historical colonial site, located in Las Condes at the foothills of the Andes, is built next to the lovely church and national monument, La Iglesia San Vicente Ferrer.
Stroll past more than 50 shops constructed of mud and straw, and chat with the many artisans who sell a wide variety of Chilean handicrafts. Find specialty items made from locally sourced natural materials from Alpaca wool and fine wood to silver and semiprecious stones, such as the lapis lazuli thats abundant in Chile.
Learn how these talented craftspeople transform straw, baked mud, roots and metal into gorgeous and artistic pieces, and hear about a variety of cultural events like theater, music, painting and traditional dance that occur year-round in the community. When youve had your fill of one-of-a-kind jewelry or bowls made of cooper and brass, you may want to just people watch under the shade of the trees.
Complete your tour with a walk amid the greenery through the picturesque Parque de Las Esculturas, located in the middle of Santiago on the north side of the Mapocho River (Ro Mapocho). This open-air museum stretching along the river features about 30 permanent sculptures created by noted Chilean artists. Admire the artwork as you stroll through the sculpture park or retire on a bench to appreciate the green urban landscape. Afterwards, your guide will return you to your hotel in Santiago by 4pm.
Inclusions for Santiago Artisan Village And Sculpture Park
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- 2 bottles of water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Santiago Artisan Village And Sculpture Park
- Gratuities (optional)
- Private transportation
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Trip to Valle Colina Hot Spring from Santiago
- ANDES JEEP TOUR
- Adrenaline Day Maipo Canyon Chile
- Santiago City Tour
- Snow Day Trip to Colorado Ski Center from Santiago
- Hike & Wines with Private Transport
- Private Transfer from Santiago Airport to Santiago
- Private Transfer from Santiago Airport or Hotel to San Antonio Hotel or Port