Santiago Walking Tour: Food Tastings And Markets Including Lunch
OverviewWatch vendors holler and shoppers bargain in the bustling markets of Mercado Central and La Vega during this 4-hour food-and-market walking tour of Santiago. An in-the-know guide takes your small group, limited to 12 people, to select stalls to sample treats like empanada de mariscos, humitas and homemade ice cream. Enjoy neoclassical architecture along the way, and soak up the city skyline from the top of Cerro San CristÃ³bal. Wrap it up with lunch at a restaurant in the trendy neighborhood of Bellevista.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free snacks included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at La Moneda Palace in the Plaza de la Constitucin to kick off your 4-hour tour of Santiago that pairs sumptuous food tastings with incredible city views. Youll travel by foot and take the metro to visit markets and historic neighborhoods.
In La Alameda, pass by the Iglesia San Francisco and Teatro Municipal. Stroll through Plaza de Armas and admire the Metropolitan Cathedral and Correo Central, the old post office.
Wander through the wrought-iron fish market of Mercado Central, a popular spot to grab lunch on-the-go. Sample four types of typical Chilean cuisine, both savory and sweet, like seafood empanadas and corn pie, and wash it down with a pisco sour.
Next, walk to La Vega Central, a crowded and chaotic market known for the fresh produce that thrives in Chiles mild climate and varied terrain. Pass by peaches, raspberries and custard apples, as well as healing potions and household items; all kinds of goods can be found here.
In Metropolitan Park, take a cable car ride up to the top of Cerro San Cristbal for sweeping city views. Snap shots of the skyline and then head down to the hilly and hipster district of Bellavista. Enjoy a delicious Chilean lunch at a local-favorite restaurant before heading back to your departure point, where your tour ends.
- Empanada de mariscos (seafood pie) with a glass of pisco sour
- Homemade bread with pebre (sauce made with parsley, tomato and garlic)
- Humitas (corn pie)
- Mote con huesillo (traditional beverage made from wheat and peaches)
- Chilean homemade ice cream
Inclusions for Santiago Walking Tour: Food Tastings And Markets Including Lunch
- Professional guide
- Public transport fares
- Food tastings
Exclusions for Santiago Walking Tour: Food Tastings And Markets Including Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Premium Concha y Toro Winery Tour with Wine and Cheese Tastings from Santiago
- Valle Nevado Day Trip from Santiago
- Cousino Macul and Concha y Toro Wineries Day Trip from Santiago
- Santiago Super Saver: 2-Day City Sightseeing and Concha y Toro Winery Tour
- Santiago Hotel or Airport Arrival Transfer to Via del Mar or Valparaiso
- Maipo Valley For Wine Lovers