Santorini is full of untold secrets and obscure stories and with our tour starting at around 15:00 after noon we begin exploring one of the most mysterious excavation sites found in Akrotiri. Akrotiri may be the modern name of village close to where the site was found, but up to this day no one knows what the real name of the ancient settlement was. For over 3.500 years this village lied hidden under earth and ashes, buried in time by the volcanic eruption of 1646 which marked one of the most massive volcanic eruptions ever seen by mankind –its power equivalent of 40 atomic bombs. Interestingly, the settlement had developed a number of engineering solutions and technologies unusual for its time but this is not even the most bizarre part. In contrast to other volcanic eruptions of this magnitude, like Pompeii’s, not one victim was found under the ashes of Akrotiri making its mystery so much greater… We take a tour through this ancient city of no name, of wonders and of secrets unearthed and we puzzle together facts and musings about the curious way our ancestors once lived...Later on we move to the La Ponta Symposium at Megalochori where the ancient habit of wining, dining and philosophizing is kept alive and vivid! At the Symposion by La Ponta, music is our vessel and it takes us on an epic journey through ancient Greek mythology and tradition with the talent and craftsmanship of Yannis Pantazis and Argy Kakissis. There, we will enjoy a musical evening concert in these magical surroundings under the stars, where you can take part in an interactive musical journey with hand crafted wind and string instruments that will take you through mythological times… Making our next stop in the outskirts of Akrotiri, we visit Anna’s Farm for an early dinner before our date with the sunset. Anna and her family started out many years ago with a very small piece of land and a lone donkey with which they traveled around nearby villages selling their crops of white eggplant and Santorinian tomatoes. Today, Anna has a lot more land where she cultivates only local, organic, and chemical-free products that spring naturally from the soil. Devoted to her home island and a natural way of living, she believes in simplicity and moderation. Together with her husband and 5 sons, they work at the fields all day long, taking care of their crops and cooking their best produce at their small family restaurant. With Anna’s mad cooking skills and amazing company we lunch at her small tavern, trying local dishes and traditional delicacies made with the purest ingredients!
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 4 Hrs
Discover the 3.500 years old prehistoric settlement which was buried in time by the volcanic eruption of 1646 B.C. Feel the magic listening plenty of traditional instruments of Greek Mythology and hear the stories from ancient Greeks. Enjoy your meal with a variety of Santorinian products in a traditional tavern.
- AKROTIRI EXCAVATIONS SITE
- RED BEACH
- SYMPOSION by La Ponta
- RESTAURANT KALI KARDIA
Know More about this tour
- Hotel pick up/drop off!
- All admission fees & entries!
- The most Premium menu & program option in every venue & site!!!
- Surprise A Tale As Old As Time gift basket for everyone! Guests have the option to choose between a variety of vegan/vegetarian or meat plates.
- Cable car tickets for Cruise visitors
- Personal expenses
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Santorini Luxury Sailing Catamaran Cruise with BBQ and Drinks
- Santorini Caldera Cruise Including Buffet and Drinks
- Half-Day Catamaran Cruise of Santorini with BBQ and Drinks
- Santorini Sunset Luxury Sailing Catamaran Cruise with BBQ and Drinks
- Santorini Sailing Dream Catcher with BBQ Lunch and Drinks
- Santorini Sunset Dinner Cruise Including Nea Kameni Visit
- Santorini Day Tour with Sunset in Oia
- Santorini Highlights Tour with Wine Tasting from Fira