Sardis Tour From Izmir With Private Guide - IstanbulWrite a Review
From USD 432.32
OverviewVisit to ancient city of Sardes including Artemis Temple, Synagogue and Gymnasium
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet the tour guide at your Izmir hotel. Drive to Sardis, was an ancient city at the location of modern Sart in Turkey's Manisa Province. Sardis was the capital of the ancient kingdom of Lydia, one of the important cities of the Persian Empire, the seat of a proconsul under the Roman Empire, and the metropolis of the province Lydia in later Roman and Byzantine times. As one of the Seven churches of Asia, it was addressed by John, the author of the Book of Revelation in the Holy Bible, in terms which seem to imply that its population was notoriously soft and fainthearted. Its importance was due, first to its military strength, secondly to its situation on an important highway leading from the interior to the Aegean coast, and thirdly to its commanding the wide and fertile plain of the Hermus.
View the significant ruins of Acropolis. Visit the Temple of Cybele and Diana, which later became a church. See the golden river Pactalos and the Royal Road. Then visit the reconstructed Synagogue, the Gymnasium and the new excavation area. Drive back to Izmir.
Inclusions for Sardis Tour From Izmir With Private Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Sardis Tour From Izmir With Private Guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats available on request if advised at the time of booking.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.