OverviewThis small group tour is a great way to spend an adventurous Saturday in Shanghai to learn more about its people, history and culture where you'll also meet other travelers and make life-long friends. It's perfect for business travelers who have an extra day to see some sites, ex-pats that would love a fresh perspective from a local, experienced guide, or anyone who would love to experience more of Shanghai. During this 6-hour tour, you will visit some major attractions, such as The Oriental Pearl Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center, the Bund, Yu Garden and much more.
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and your tour fellows at the historical Peace Hotel on the Bund at 10:00am and start this interesting 7-hour small group tour by both walking and public transportation. You will visit both the east and west sides of Shanghai and allow you to discover Shanghai's fascinating mix of modern and classic character.
From the Bund Area, you will enjoy 100-year old architecture and enjoy exciting views across the Huangpu River and riverside parks. This area was controlled by the British during the concessions period.
Heading to East Side, you would like to go up an iconic building in the financial center of Shanghai and rise to the observation deck to have a panoramic birds eye view of the whole city from the top of the impressive and amazing Shanghai Tower the newest and highest building in China. you will also have a chance to walk along the Riverside Promenade (Binjiang Da Dao) to see the amazing city skyline. If you like, you can have a cup of coffee while enjoy the authentic river view on the East Side.
Next, you will visit the Confucius Temple, built in 1291 and the only place to pay respect to Confucius in the city. In the temple, you will have a chance to enjoy the Confucius Tea Ceremony as well as to explore some fixed-price souvenirs such as paintings, jade, pearls and traditional Chinese antiques from the real governmental store, a kind of charity shop. Your lunch (at your own cost) will be served at a century-old local restaurant where you will have traditional steamed buns and local dishes based on your preferences.
In the afternoon, you will visit Yu Garden (YuYuan), a famous classical garden in southern China which is over 400 years old built in Ming Dynasty, the area around the garden has been the downtown of the city for several hundred years. Along the way from Confucius Temple to YuYuan Garden, you will see and experience the authentic local's daily life which make you an unique tour memory. After Yu Garden, you will visit the Shanghai old street and YuYuan Bazaar. In the area where you can find some unique souvenirs such as paper-cutting, engraved-seals, local T-Shirts and locally produced silk along with a chance to explore the silk factory.
After your tour is finished, your guide will help you find your way back to your hotel, recommend other sites to visit or toward a local restaurant to experience Shanghai cuisine.
Inclusions for Saturday Small Group Tour: Incredible Highlights Of Shanghai
- Personal tour guide services
- Public transportation pass
- Tea Ceremony
Exclusions for Saturday Small Group Tour: Incredible Highlights Of Shanghai
- Entrance fee for attractions (these fees are typically 230RMB total for each person)
- Lunch (typically 30 to 40RMB)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.