Scenic Tour Of Kingston - Montego Bay
OverviewDelve into the sights, history and spirit of Jamaicas capital of Kingston on this full-day trip from Montego Bay. Travel past lush plantations, mountains and the tropical foliage canopies of Fern Gully to this laid-back city fringed by the misty Blue Mountains and a beautiful bay. See its colonial landmarks and bustling street markets, visit the Bob Marley Museum, once home to the great reggae musician; and admire Devon House, an opulent monument to 19th-century Jamaica. The tour includes time for an enticing lunch (own expense) at Devon House.
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourStart with a pickup from your Montego Bay hotel. Board your air-conditioned coach or minivan and pass lush plantations, rickety villages and verdant countryside on route to Kingston.
Drive through Fern Gully, a 3-mile (5-kilometer) road where giant ferns create a luxuriant canopy of tropical greenery. Follow winding roads up the forested Mount Diablo and admire the panoramic island views from its summit.
Arrive in Kingston, set between the hazy peaks of the Blue Mountains and a vast natural harbor. Learn how the city is effectively split into a gritty Downtown of street markets and colonial-era buildings, and a commercial Uptown district.
Enjoy a sightseeing drive around top Kingston attractions and learn about the citys history and role in Jamaicas ebullient spirit and culture. See the historic buildings and Simon Bolivar statue in Downtown, and watch the locals go about their routines in the colorful street markets.
Stop at Devon House, a palatial mansion built by Jamaicas first black millionaire in 1881. Tour (own expense) the opulent interiors of this grand house and break for lunch (own expense) at its courtyard restaurant.
Drive through the University of West Indies campus and visit the Bob Marley Museum, sited in the musicians former home on Hope Street. Take a guided tour (own expense) of the simple rooms that chart his life with gold records, statues and memorabilia.
When the time comes, enjoy the scenic drive back to Montego Bay, where a hotel drop-off ends your trip.
Please note: the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Scenic Tour Of Kingston
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit to Devon House (excluding interior guided tour)
Exclusions for Scenic Tour Of Kingston
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee to the Bob Marley Museum (approx. USD 20 for adults and USD 10 for children)
- Guided tour of Devon House (approx. USD 10)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Attire is casual (shirt and shorts). Please bring a camera and pocket money
If you choose to go inside the Bob Marley Museum, admission must be paid direct (not included). Touring the museum takes approximately 20 minutes
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rio Bueno Kayaking Adventure in Jamaica
- Montego Bay Shore Excursion: Jamaica River-Tubing Adventure on the Rio Bueno
- 15-Day Jamaica Sightseeing Tour from Montego Bay
- 7-Day Jamaica Sightseeing Tour
- Dunn's River Falls and Fern Gully Highlight Adventure Tour from Montego Bay
- Private Blue Hole and River Gully Rainforest Adventure Tour from Montego Bay
- Private Jamaican Food Tasting Tour from Montego Bay
- Private Tour: Rio Bueno River Rafting and Rocklands Bird Sanctuary in Jamaica