Scottish Highlands Day Trip And Edinburgh Military Tattoo
OverviewTour the Scottish Highlands on a day trip from Edinburgh, and then watch the world-famous Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo at night. Capturing the essence of Scotland in one day, the experience offers the perfect combination of Scottish Highland countryside, a whisky distillery tour with a sample and a guaranteed ticket to the Military Tattoo where festival-style performances and marches take place at Edinburgh Castles historical esplanade.
Know More about this tourAfter leaving central Edinburgh, travel by air-conditioned minibus to the city of Stirling to see the historical Wallace Monument and Stirling Castle, one of the largest castles in Scotland. Having viewed each monument from the outside, head further through the scenic Trossachs National Park, hear tales of Rob Roy (the legendary Scottish folk hero), and enjoy impressive views of the untouched nature of the Scottish Highlands.
Travel along the banks of tranquil Loch Earn into the beautiful Highlands region of Perthshire, where you have the option to learn about the production of Scottish whisky on a local whisky distillery tour. Learn about the barley and malt used to produce the peaty notes of a good Scotch, and sample a shot of whisky made on site. Next, explore the peaceful Hermitage pleasure grounds and take a short woodland walk to see some spectacular waterfalls as well as Ossians Cave and the River Braan. A break for lunch (own expense) is included either at the whisky distillery or at the Hermitage pleasure grounds.
Return to Edinburgh in the early evening, passing the medieval Dunkeld Cathedral and Forth Bridge, and then enjoy free time to relax and eat dinner (own expense) before making your own way to Edinburgh Castle for the Military Tattoo.
Set on the floodlit esplanade of Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo includes acts by performers from around the world. The action-packed program features hundreds of Commonwealth participants with appearances from the Massed Pipers and Drums, the Bands of Her Majesty's Royal Marines, cultural troupes, singers and the Lone Piper.
The evening event typically lasts around 1.5 hours and finishes at the esplanade. If you book the experience for a Saturday, the tattoo is followed by a spectacular fireworks display over the city. Food and drink stands can be found on site; just note that any items are at your own expense.
Inclusions for Scottish Highlands Day Trip And Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Professional guide
- Whisky distillery tour, shot of whisky included
- Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo ticket
- Entrance to a firework display after the tattoo if Saturday date selected
Exclusions for Scottish Highlands Day Trip And Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The Castlehill location at Edinburgh Castle, where the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo takes place, is reached via a short walk along an old cobbled street of some 262 feet (80 meters) and on a steep incline. Some people may find this difficult. There is another 197-foot (60-meter) walk including several steps before the steeply tiered seating area is reached
Minimum age is 5 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Extended Architecture Tour of Edinburgh Old Town
- 1-hour Pickering's Gin Jolly Distillery Tour and Tasting in Edinburgh
- Architecture Tour of Edinburgh New Town
- Architecture Tour of Edinburgh Dean village
- Private Evening Summer 3hr Tour of Edinburgh in a Mini Cooper
- Shore Excursion: The Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh City Tour, Rosslyn Chapel Tour and Dinner from Edinburgh
- The Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh City Tour, Rosslyn Chapel Tour and Dinner from Edinburgh
- The Alternative Pub Crawl