Scottish Highlands, Loch Ness And Glen Coe Day Trip From Edinburgh
OverviewImmerse yourself in spectacular scenery, beguiling mystery and dramatic history on this day trip from Edinburgh. Traveling to the Scottish Highlands, witness the stunning vistas of Cairngorms National Park and cruise along world-famous Loch Ness in search of the Loch Ness Monster. Admire an ancient castle in Stirling and learn about the massacre at Glen Coe and the adventures of Scottish legend William Wallace, whose life is depicted in the film Braveheart. Be sure to bring your camera to capture stunning views and maybe even a glimpse of Nessie!
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Meet at a central location in Edinburgh and head toward the Scottish Highlands on a comfortable coach to begin your daylong adventure. On the way, see the impressive new Queensferry Crossing and the Forth Railway Bridge (UNESCO Heritage Site), a red cantilever bridge connecting Edinburgh to the countryside. Stop in the picturesque town of Pitlochry for a cup of tea or some home-baked cakes (own expense).
Make your way through Britains highest mountain range in Cairngorms National Park, taking in sensational panoramas at every turn. Then, arrive at Loch Ness, where you will have time to have lunch at a nearby restaurant or enjoy a picnic (own expense).
If weather conditions permit, hop on a boat with your guide and enjoy a cruise and tour the famous ruins of Urquhart Castle (own expense) around this world-famous loch. Keep your eyes peeled for the legendary Loch Ness Monster, a dinosaur-like creature who some believe lurks deep beneath these waters. Have your camera ready even if you dont spot Nessie, the atmospheric Loch Ness area is beautiful.
Should you choose not to take the boat and castle tour - free time to explore the charming highland village of Drumnadrochit.
Continue your drive to Glen Coe, a lushly rugged glen formed by an ice age glacier. Learn how this breathtaking place was the site of a terrible massacre in 1692 that took the lives of scores of members of the MacDonald clan.
On the way back to Edinburgh, pass by Stirling, an ancient Scottish city known as the Gateway to the Highlands. Admire the towns magnificent cliffside castle as you hear tales of William Wallace, a medieval Scottish war hero who was immortalized in the Oscar-winning filmBraveheart. Your tour concludes in central Edinburgh.
Inclusions for Scottish Highlands, Loch Ness And Glen Coe Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Transport by air-conditioned mini coach
- Local live driver guide
- Panoramic windows
Exclusions for Scottish Highlands, Loch Ness And Glen Coe Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Loch Ness Cruise
- Urquhart Castle Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
- St Andrews Day Trip from Edinburgh
- Day Trip to Doune Castle, the Trossachs and Loch Lomond in a Private Minibus from Edinburgh
- 4-Day Tour of the West Highlands and Isle of Skye from Edinburgh
- 3-Day Lake District and Hadrian's Wall Small Group Tour from Edinburgh
- 3-Day Speyside Whisky Tour from Edinburgh