After hotel pickup, head to the southeastern barrio of Barracas and stroll into a gilded three-story theater for your night of the award-winning Seor Tango show, created by Fernando Soler, a national tango singer sensation.
Soler renovated the former general store started by Italian immigrants at the turn of the century into the restaurant-theater you see today, retaining its classical structural elements. Admire the vaulted ceiling, iron columns and quebracho redwood brick floors. With more than 43,000 square feet (4,000 square meters) of space, the elegant theater has been coined by locals as the Cathedral of Tango.
If youve opted for dinner, arrive an hour before showtime and dig into a three-course meal featuring Argentine and international dishes, accompanied by Argentine wine. See below for a sample menu. Or, if you chose the show-only option, settle into your seat in time for the 2-hour performance.
Be prepared for a glamorous and outrageous show, boasting 40 artists and live horses. Nine pairs of dancers in sleek and slinky outfits move in steamy embraces across the stage. Depending on the night, Fernando Soler himself may come out and provide a soul-stirring rendition of his popular songs.
The show draws to a close with a grand finale dedicated to Eva Pern. With Dont Cry for Me, Argentina lingering in your thoughts, enjoy transport back to your hotel.
Sample dinner menu (subject to change):
- Fresh spinach crepe with cream sauce
- T-bone steak with rustic potatoes au fines herbs and Pilaf rice
- Grilled chicken served on spinach puree and creamed potato volcano
- Grilled trout with risotto ai funghi and potatoes noisette
- Dark chocolate cake with fresh red berry sauce
- Bodega Finca Las Moras (half-bottle per person)
- Soft drinks, club soda and sparkling/non-sparkling bottled water