Your kayaking excursion in Phang Nga Bay begins with hotel pickup on Phuket Island at midday to avoid the crowds. Travel by luxury, air-conditioned minivan to Ao Po Pier and transfer to a modern, twin-engine escort boat. You're served a healthy and nutritious lunch on board.
During the boat ride, watch a raptor show and get a detailed briefing about the geological site of Phang Nga Bay. Learn the basics about entering the sea caves, or hongs, then start the first kayaking session with your guide. Paddle past karsts into limestone caves, set amid the dramatic setting of Panak Island, and glide through cliff-lined lagoons populated with macaques, water monitors, kingfishers, mud-skippers, egrets, sea eagles, and brahminy kites.
Returning to the main boat, you'll move on to a second island with two more sea caves to explore. Then, after dark, float your own candlelit flower boat during a Loi Krathong ceremony complete with fireflies and bio-luminescent plankton.
About 2 hours after sunset, eat a seafood (or vegan) buffet dinner including rice served with homemade Massaman curry, during the boat ride back to the pier. Your meal is prepared with fresh, high-quality ingredients from the local market; seafood is net-caught and chickens are free-range. On arrival, you're transferred back to your Phuket hotel or airport.
- 10:30 - 12:00: Hotel pickup service in Phuket
- 12:00 - 13:00: Meet the crew at Ao Po Pier & get instructions
- 13:00 - 13:10: Departure by escort boat to Phang Nga Bay
- 13:10 - 14:10: Enjoy lunch on board the tour boat
- 14:15 - 16:15: Kayak into the cave at Koh Phanak
- 16:15 - 16:30: Continue to Hong Island
- 16:30 - 17:30: Sightseeing & kayaking at Koh Hong
- 17:30 - 18:15: Free time for relaxing at the beach or kayaking
- 18:15 - 18:45: Make your own Krathong & have dinner on the boat
- 18:45 - 19:15: Float the self-made Krathong in the cave of Phanak Island
- 19:15 - 19:30: See phosphorescent plankton
- 19:30 - 20:30: Head back to Phuket
- 20:30 - 21:00: Transfer to your hotel