Sea-to-Sky Highway Day Trip From Vancouver: Shannon Falls, Britannia Mine And Gondola Ride
OverviewImmerse yourself in British Columbia’s rugged mountainous beauty on this tour from Vancouver to the natural and historical attractions along the Sea to Sky Highway. You’ll visit Shannon Falls, one of the province’s tallest waterfalls, enjoy sweeping views of Howe Sound and the coastal forest on the Sea to Sky Gondola, and go underground at the Britannia Mine Museum. Round-trip hotel transport from select locations is included.
Know More about this tourYour day trip starts with pickup (from select hotels only) by comfortable coach for the drive north of Vancouver along the Sea to Sky Highway, a stretch of Highway 99 known for its scenic location between Howe Sound and the coastal mountains.
Travel about 36 miles (58 km) along the highway to Shannon Falls Provincial Park, just south of the town of Squamish, passing through the coastal village of Horseshoe Bay along the way. When you reach Shannon Falls, the third-highest waterfall in British Columbia at 1,100 feet (335 meters), take a 10-minute walk through the forest to a lookout deck where you can feel the spray of the gushing waters that fall over the cliffs.
Then head just a couple of minutes up the road to the base of the Sea to Sky Gondola, where a 10-minute ride will take you 2,900 feet (885 meters) above sea level. During the ride, enjoy panoramic views of Howe Sound, Shannon Falls, the mountains and the lush coastal forest. When you get to the top, you have free time to take advantage of whichever amenities you wish: explore two different walking trails that lead to amazing viewpoints; check out the dizzying, 328-foot-long (100-meter) Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge; get a drink or something to eat at the Summit Restaurant and Edge Bar (own expense); or just relax and soak up the views from the Summit Lodge.
Ride the gondola down to your coach to continue your day trip to your last stop, the Britannia Mine Museum, about 10 minutes back down the highway toward Vancouver. Located in the sleepy community of Britannia Beach, the now-defunct copper mine dates back to the late 1800s and is today a museum and National Historic Site.
During your tour of the mine, go panning for gold and ride a mining car into the old mine. Learn about the history and importance of mining in British Columbia through the museums exhibits and underground tour, during which a museum guide will operate your mining car and provide commentary.
Your day trip ends with the drive back to Vancouver.
Please note: You must include hotel information at checkout and call tour operator ahead to confirm
Inclusions for Sea-to-Sky Highway Day Trip From Vancouver: Shannon Falls, Britannia Mine And Gondola Ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Sea to Sky Gondola ticket
Exclusions for Sea-to-Sky Highway Day Trip From Vancouver: Shannon Falls, Britannia Mine And Gondola Ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Vancouver Urban Hike Tour
- Vancouver Shore Excursion: Small-Group Gourmet Lunch Tour
- Fraser Valley Private Wine Tour and Bistro Lunch
- Private Transport from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal
- Stanley Park Horse-Drawn Tours
- Private Transport from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to North or West Vancouver